09 4Runner V-6 11,112 miles Schaeffers 9000 5W30

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: addyguy
Silicon is high, and it causing some extra piston wear - look at your aluminum number. It's not catastrophically high, but it's higher than average, and IS increased wear.

I'd find that air leak.

AddGuy,

8 PPM aluminum is high on 11k+ run? I posted a virgin analysis from the same lot and it shows 4 PPM aluminum, netting to 4 PPM in 11k. Too much?

Originally Posted By: FZ1
You need to shorten these runs to 7500 max;you got a lot of metals in the oil.

Heck, I'll bet ole FZ1 wouldn't even run it new because it has so much metal.

If there's a crime here, I'll keep searchin' for clues,

joat

Last edited:
Didn't say that. Said you shouldn't run it 11-12k with all the metal and silicon shown on your report. Goin' for a "Brown Badge of Courage",are you?

Didn't say that. Said you shouldn't run it 11-12k with all the metal and silicon shown on your report. Goin' for a "Brown Badge of Courage",are you?

Very helpful. Thanks.

Here's to hoping that my Mazda 6 likes Schaeffers and Schaeffers likes my Mazda.
cheers3.gif
Ran M1 0w20 in it last time - 11.2k miles - iron was around 26 (or was it 28?) on the UOA (for whatever that's worth). Now running Schaeffers 5w20 (quieter than M1) - at 10 to 12k OCIs I've got about three years worth of Schaeffers. So like I said - hope they're compatible.

I wouldn't say the metals are high, but the Silicon is curious, leak somewhere?

Frankly, The argument over a couple of parts per MILLION of anything is ludicrous, as it's well within the margin of error anyway!

And let's face the facts here... M1 is a hard one to beat for price availability and performance.

(and I'm not a fan)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back