07 Acura RDX (Turbo) 5978 mi, M1 5W-30

HTO-06 spec reduces high temp deposits..I ran it in my '16 1.5T Civic quickly bumped it for Edge A3B4 0/40 on dilution issues..son has it now 75k carrying on with the Edge.

HTO-06 spec reduces high temp deposits..I ran it in my '16 1.5T Civic quickly bumped it for Edge A3B4 0/40 on dilution issues..son has it now 75k carrying on with the Edge.
It's also a fairly well-outdated spec. Most everything will out-perform it these days.

At the time it was a tough test and kind of unique. Previously the TEOST was used, but that doesn't account for used oil with combustion byproducts in it. It was an example where a bench test wasn't sufficient at replicating real world conditions so Honda R&D developed a new test for turbo deposits. At that time, Mobil 1 was ahead of the rest in this particular area as many of the off shelf oils could not meet it per Honda R&D. Now they all do.

The iron is actually slightly higher than Universal Averages per 1000 mi. 1.67 PPM/1000 miles vs 1.46 PPM/1000 miles for Universal Averages for that engine. So I'd say the iron wear is pretty average for this engine. Al, Ch, Cu and Pb are all lower than Universal Averages, though.

Not many UOA's on this engine but wondering what you think i can run my current oci at.
Castrol Edge 5w40 (circa 2018, titanium iirc)
75 city/ 25 hwy miles
olm came on at 3500ish 15%

Back