Bardahl B-2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone know what's in this stuff? I saw an older thread here about B-1, it was assumed it was ZDDP and some kind of lead. My dad has a 92 Dodge Spirit and he wanted to put an oil additive in it to see if it would quiet the engine down. I attempted to use my best BITOG knowledge to talk him out of it but decided that it's really not my place to tell someone not to do it. He picked out Bardahl B-2 over the blue bottle STP oil treatment and CD-2 Power Back engine treatment. So, my question is, what's in the B-2? Is it just an oil thickener or does it have any beneficial additives? Oh, we also checked the ignition timing on his car and found out it was off by 8 degrees.

Which engine is in the Spirit? Just a note: if it has the 4 cylinder, you have to unplug the temp sensor to set the timing.

Jeff

The Spirit has the 2.5 in it. I unplugged the temp sensor before we set the timing, it really was that far off.

Bardahl B-2 oil treatment is just a much, much thicker version of the B-1 treatment. As per the MSDS, it has 1-5% 'Lead Naphenate' (sp) in it, and is about 600 cst thick (thicker than STP even!). The B-1 version has 3-7% Lead Nap, and is 11.0 cst; so it is a 30-weight.

I'll post links to the MSDS if you want them, but this is the main thing they show.

Personally, I think Lead Nap seems to be something that may be beneficial for an engine from what I have read about it; the only problem is it would screw up you lead readings if you ever did UOA's on an engine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back