Puro L10111 and QS3387A

Status
Not open for further replies.
HI guys, you convince me with against Fram even if the reason aren't always scientific and more emotional....

Like I have said in another post, I use to used Carquest or Napa gold filter.Those were a lot cheaper in Ontario. Now that I moved back to Quebec I have to pay 7.00 for a carquest or 8.80 for a Napa.

Since I am lazy I decided to do all my shopping at the same place. I use Motomaster oil formula 1 form Can Tire and I do not want to drive further to buy the filters. I noticed the Quaker state and they look very similar to the Purolator L10111. I wrote a letter to Purolator this morning and they assure me that according to their bluepring that the L10111 have metal end cap.
Anybody opened a QS3387A and can give a report ?

How the Puro compared to the Carquest ?

Thanks

quote:

Originally posted by mustang:
I have cut open a Qs8a oil filter and it is a purolator filter.

Yes, as long as you get the green-on-white QS filter. The old black-on-green QS oil filters were suspected to be a Fram product.

Here is the answer that I get from Purolator filter hot line , Thanks to Tom:

"""The Quaker State QS3387A is manufactured by Purolator, and the filters are made of equal quality materials. The QS3387A and the Purolator Premium Plus L10111 have the same efficiency, but the Premium Plus has a higher capacity for contaminants""

Higher capacity for contaminants ???? let me tell you that if I acheived to plug a QS with contaminents ..... that I will be in big trouble..

The QS filters probably have less media, and it's most likely different. However, Purolator quality is always top notch. Do they have SEARS up there, you can get regular purolators there.

-T

Some Purolator Premium Plus L10111 filters have been built with cardboard endcaps. I'm not sure what construction Purolator is using on that filter now, but the one I cut open about 2 years ago had cardboard endcaps with a metal ring in the center of the ADBV end. You may want to cut one open and check if the cardboard endcaps are an issue for you.

I will not cut a 7.00 dollars new filter...

However I will cut them for sure one day.

If they are cardboard...so be it, what can we do, all company can change their design without letting us know.

I prefer to believe their Hot line, but you might be pretty well right.

Hoping that some other peoples will share their experience about those QS 3387A

Official answer from Arvin Meritor

Richard,

Yes Purolator does make both L10111 and QS3387A.
They both have metal end caps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back