Used Pronto PO5436 Pics

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really not much to see but I thought I would post a few pics for those that might be interested. This is a used filter out of an '06 Cobalt. Part number PO5436, I believe this is a Pronto based on the part number. Filter was in use 3,000 to 3,500 miles run on VWB 5w30.

20tl75d.jpg

33bmps2.jpg

u8xfq.jpg

35n7xwl.jpg

28arfag.jpg

The filter media looks thick and evenly spaced. There is nothing on the media the eyes can see, looks like your engine is very clean and the filter can easily be used for 8-10k miles.

At least it doesn't look slightly smooshed like a lot of used ecotec filters come out.

Originally Posted By: eljefino
At least it doesn't look slightly smooshed like a lot of used ecotec filters come out.

True that. Based on my reading here and elsewhere and viewing pics it seems that with the ecotec cartridges some compression and slight twist may take place upon installation. Some of the ecotec cartridges seems to retain their shape bettter than others. Not sure of the reason for this, perhaps sizing/fitment and/or overall construction including nylon cage strength. Whatever the case, though a 3-3.5k mi. oci is not a torture test by any means, this Pronto looks to have held up quite nicely in this application.

Thanks for the pics.

Nice---I mauy try one of these at some point on our Kia Sorento which takes the cartridge...RockAuto has them for $4.42

It does look good. Not a lot of interior support but I don't see any indication that was an issue.

I had seen those at Rock Auto but was afraid to try one. Any indication on the filter where it was made?

Unfortunately, no signs of where the filter was made (may have been on the original box, it was installed by a local Indy shop).

Just to add some details. This Cobalt has about 75,000 miles on it (parents owned since new). Oil changes have always been done between 3,000 to 4,000 miles, and I believe the vast majority of changes have been VWB.

To echo others, I don't think the interval here is by any means torture. I've attempted to encourage use of the OLM or a longer change (like 5K) but have been unsuccessful at this point. Decided it was just easier to offer to do the work and save at least half the cost (not including my labor).

PO5436 Pronto - $1.87 at RockAuto. Cheap enough if you're ordering multiples or other merchandise to spread the shipping.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back