MANN+HUMMEL Takes Over Purolator Filters

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a question as well.
Does this make WIX the only independent filter company left.

P1 will never be the same...
frown.gif

in the 21th century taking overs usually means bad for consumers. They ussualy cut every corner to bring cost down , which is bad for alot of us who LOVE p1.

Adding 1000 employees and staying US-based? Sounds like a win to me. The German-made Mann cabin filter for my Cruze is a solid piece of kit. I'd expect their other filters to be the same.

Considering they were a joint venture before, what's the concern? A joint venture allowed them to work much more closely from an engineering standpoint. The North American Mann is a rebadged Purolator Classic. The Bosch Premium is close to the P1.

How much more can change by this, or, more accurately, how much more similar can they become?
wink.gif

Although I prefer American companies to stay American-owned, since M+H was already a co-owner, I assume they are just buying out Bosch's percentage. I am OK with that as M+H have a very good reputation.

Better than the other way 'round...

Quote:
So who's making Bosch filters now that that they've divested themselves of Purolator?

While I no proof, I suspect Bosch will continue to be made by Purolator at least in the short term, and perhaps in continuation. Before they jointly purchased Puro they were made by Champ. Really don't see a reason at this point for them switch from Puro, but time will tell. They may have had an agreement of some sort with M&H as part of the sale, but that's speculation on my part.

As for the sale, I thought the joint ownership of Puro was rather a unique situation so it's not a total surprise to have one buyout the other. As for what this means going forward, as with any aquistion, again time will tell. Mann says they are going to add jobs in NC in advertising and marketing, so if they follow through, that at least is a good thing.

Originally Posted By: sayjac
Mann says they are going to add jobs in NC in advertising and marketing, so if they follow through, that at least is a good thing.
As long as they don't move manufacturing offshore.

Yes, hopefully the oil filter manufacturing plant in Fayetteville NC will maintain it's status, in addition to the jobs added in sales and marketing for which Bosch was primarily responsible. According to the linked article below it says "The team here in Fayetteville will stay pretty much intact,".

Mann+Hummel Group takes sole ownership

Germany and Japan are in the process of "taking over" .
Good, bad, true or false - I know not...
What is wrong with your cabin filter, sciphi ?
I feel that all products are international, today..And, for all I know, we may own Bosch......and Mann.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back