New G-oil 5qt jugs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is the new (back) label for the 5qt jug of G-Oil

403808510.jpg

403808508.jpg

It is nice that they have the NOAK listed on the back along with some other information. The oil doesn't smell like the old jugs or 1qt bottle. The older stuff smelled like regular oil. This stuff smells like their 2 stroke oil. The jug leaked, so that is how I know what it smelled like. I also have some G-oil 2-stroke oil to compare it to.

WARNING: The new jugs do NOT have a foil seal under the cap. If you loosen the cap and lay the jug on the side, IT WILL LEAK. The cap is not very snug and if you over tighten it it will snap/pop and become loose again.

The UPC label is on fairly secure. It doesn't come off as easily as the other labels.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: sciphi
So it "meets" SN? That's what it looks like.

Yeah, looks like it exceeds SN, they just didn't pay the fee to "upgrade" the label to read API SN. I like the low NOACK. There is no question this is a good lube. 5-8k in almost any PC I can think of except for some of the euro specs.

Question: Why there's no "energy conserving" or something like that in the API donut?

Originally Posted By: lemonade
Question: Why there's no "energy conserving" or something like that in the API donut?

I don't know. Maybe "energy conserving" means a specific additive which synthetic G-oil doesn't need.

Valvoline NextGen Maxlife 5w-30 is SN rated, and it doesn't have "energy conserving" in the doughnut either.

Wow, it's rare to see oil makers bragging about their specs.
Very refreshing. I wish we had more info about that rather than the typical marketing phrases that mean nothing.

This low NOACK convinces me there is high quality of base oil in this after all. I wish the additive pack was a bit stronger.

I just got an Email from G.E.T.

I asked if they changed the formulation because I noticed the new stuff smelled different than the old oil. They told me they changed the formulation in the new jugs. They also said the newer jugs will have the foil seals. I got one of the earlier jugs without the seal. I might have to send in a VOA for the new formulation.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: friendly_jacek
They said HTHS is 3.2. Typical 5W30 is 2.9. I bet they fail the energy conserving test due to that.

A typical 5W-30 has a HTHSV between 3.0cP and 3.2cP.
I'm not aware of any NA 30wt oil with a HTHSV below 3.0cP.

Hmm, might be something to try for 5k miles in the Cruze once the powertrain warranty runs out. See how it stands up to a small turbo engine.

Seriously, does anyone know why they don't sell 5W20? If they sell it in 5 Qt jug, i would totally use them.

Originally Posted By: lemonade
Seriously, does anyone know why they don't sell 5W20? If they sell it in 5 Qt jug, i would totally use them.

They do, just not at Wal-Mart. The rebates thus far have only been for 5W-30.

I will NOT support Wal-Mart, but I may get some of this elsewhere for my next oil change. I've been interested in it for awhile.

Originally Posted By: MinamiKotaro
I will NOT support Wal-Mart, but I may get some of this elsewhere for my next oil change. I've been interested in it for awhile.

Let us know how that works out for you and where you find it besides Wal-Mart.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back