What is the newest oil you've purchased?

I was watching a video earlier on YT on how to decipher the date code from MactFordEdge, I've seen some of his videos but no means a subscriber, I know that I could've gotten that information here but wanted to make sure I was looking at the correct code as the one on the bottom of the container was just a series of numbers and the stamped code on the back was the correct one for the Valvoline. Honestly I wasn't too fond of his video, evidently he went around to a couple of different stores and was comparing the dates, some on the shelf were even over a year old. I noticed he had comments disabled but I would think depending of the distribution channels it could take anywhere from at least 30-60 days before it's placed on a shelf somewhere, those numbers aren't scientific by any means just a sophisticated guess.

I got three jugs of 5W-30 Maxlife yesterday at Lowes on clearance. $7.17/ea. The jugs were a bit dusty but a quick hosing off and they were pretty again. Don't know how old they are but the current certs are on each one. Is there still a Valvoline rebate?

View attachment 169409
I don't think there's a rebate anymore, I bought a bunch of this awhile back during Walmart's pricing errors for $.72 each even after tax/shipping. I was able to sell some but still have at least 10 jugs on hand. Even for the $7.17 you did well sir.

Amazon Basics Full Synthetic 0w40. Purchased back when they had a really good sale. Put it in wife's 06 Solara convertible V6, 208k miles. Runs just fine. 😌

I never thought to look for a production date. ......another thing to clutter my head (kidding).

Until now I thought the same. However with M1 ESP 5W-30 losing BMW LL-04 and getting it again in early 2023 the production date becomes a vital relevance. I recently used it on both my Mini and my GTI.

I should've specified more to newest being in relation to the date code, I know HPL bottles and then ships right away which is most likely the fastest the customer can get it.

Newest oil

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    116.5 KB · Views: 14
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    122.8 KB · Views: 15
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    125.5 KB · Views: 15
I presume most likely bottled on date. I would be surprised if anything sitting on the store shelf was bottled any less than a couple months before - retail shelf space is expensive, so they cycle it often. warehouse space is expensive. Its likely bottled, shipped and on the store shelf at walmart in a week or two at most for brands that move well. Maybe something on the top or bottom shelf "ages" as the retailers call it.

In relation to the date codes please... basically how soon it was bottled to which you've received it.

There's another thread floating around for posting your latest oil purchase.

Amazon once stalled my delivery of this oil for 3 months.
Not easy to get. I'd pay extra and go direct. Thanks.
For practical purposes I'd use the Pennzoil version which is easy to get, I do have a jug of it but hadn't used it yet but I've mostly been using Pennzoil over the last several years really since PP became all the rage on here. In my 97 Civic it goes through a bit of oil and my friend suggested MaxLife, I've never really used Valvoline products in my whole life and don't have any reasons as to why not but mostly used Castrol, Mobil 1, and Pennzoil. With that Euro oil I've noticed that the KV100 for Pennzoil is slightly higher than the Valvoline at 12.5 vs 12.1

Back