Mobil 1 0W-30 M1R,, 10169 miles, Toyota 3.4L 5VZFE

Status
Not open for further replies.
The latest from my 4Runner.

Toyota_oil_analysis_11.jpg

This is almost the last of the old formulation of Mobil 1R I had around. Like the previous 3 intervals this was 5 quarts of M1R 0W-30 and 2 quarts of Mobil 1 15W-50EP.

Hard to know whats causing the high lead readings but there's not much I can do about it either.

The truck has 5 quarts of Mobil 1 0W-30 AFE in it now along with a couple of quarts of M1R.

Comments please!

Looks good to me. Stay the course.

Don't get hung up over a few ppm of wear metals, the oil held up fine for the duration.

HI Jim, Looks good on your extended OCI with plenty of TBN left till the end.

The wear metals are all in PPM, and lead wear is usually from bearings.

Prior to this run with a blend of M1,EP and M1 Racing oils, what oil did you use in your OCI's that gave the lower lead readings?

I've also got a T4R, SR5, V6, Third Generation but with over 200K on the clock. I run an oversized filter with 6.5 quarts of oil in the sump. I've only started running 6.5 quarts after a couple of runs with Kreen

How do you get 7 quarts in your sump? Do you add any oil during your OCI?

Thanks.

Originally Posted By: LeakySeals
Yeah 0w is the new cool. stick with that in your 2000 till the bitter end.

What a helpful suggestion.
smirk.gif

Originally Posted By: mongo161
HI Jim, Looks good on your extended OCI with plenty of TBN left till the end.

The wear metals are all in PPM, and lead wear is usually from bearings.

Prior to this run with a blend of M1,EP and M1 Racing oils, what oil did you use in your OCI's that gave the lower lead readings?

I've also got a T4R, SR5, V6, Third Generation but with over 200K on the clock. I run an oversized filter with 6.5 quarts of oil in the sump. I've only started running 6.5 quarts after a couple of runs with Kreen

How do you get 7 quarts in your sump? Do you add any oil during your OCI?

Thanks.

The oldest UOA shown was this same oil, the old version of Mobil 1 Racing 0W-30 but without the 15W-50 EP

The next oldest was Schaeffers 7000 5W-30. That oil did well but I didn't run it as long. I'm not sure it would have made 10K.

The runs ending at 120,507 and 130,253 were also straight M1R.

I have some older runs on this engine also using the M1R and they all show lower lead too.

My truck has a remote filter adapter that uses a large Ford style filter. I've been using Wix 51515 filters for a while. 7 quarts puts it about a pint overfull which is not enough for me to worry about. It might drop to the full mark in a 10K run but I've never added any oil between changes.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back