Motorcraft 10w-30 / 7300 mi / '00 Bonneville SSEi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oil was run approx 7300 miles, mostly highway, but with some hard, spirited driving on occasion. Used a Baldwin B35-S, which is an oversized filter (for the 4.3L trucks) for this application. This OCI took me through the coldest months, though we had a unseasonably mild winter this year. Can't really think of anything else worth mentioning, pretty run-of-the-mill interval. Switched this oil out for SM rated Chevron Supreme 10w-30 and a made in Germany Bosch filter.

bonneqy.png

I had a 1995 Bonneville, it was a good car. Ran it about 100,000 miles and never had any major problems. Nice car to drive, for a large car. I was sorry to see Pontiac go out of business, they made some sporty cars.

Originally Posted By: Corvette Owner
I had a 1995 Bonneville, it was a good car. Ran it about 100,000 miles and never had any major problems. Nice car to drive, for a large car. I was sorry to see Pontiac go out of business, they made some sporty cars.

I couldn't agree more with you. The Bonneville and Grand Prix were both pretty good cars and they had a nice style , especially the 2000 and up models, still look good for style, in 2012.

Nice run on the Dino Diesel 10w-30. These CJ-4 oils are really tough oils with loaded add packs. The oil really stays in grade for the miles. Thanks for your post.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: KCJeep
I didn't even know there was a MC 10w30 HDEO. Looks good. Where did you get it?

I found the 10w-30 at a local Farm/Fleet store on clearance for close to $1 a quart. It's the Motorcraft Super Duty "Powerstroke" branded oil. It's also available in 15w-40 and straight 30 weight.

Originally Posted By: 92saturnsl2

I found the 10w-30 at a local Farm/Fleet store on clearance for close to $1 a quart. It's the Motorcraft Super Duty "Powerstroke" branded oil. It's also available in 15w-40 and straight 30 weight.

Great find, great deal!
smile.gif

Great report-especially for around a buck a quart! The 3.x are great engines when the coolant stays where it's supposed to be!

Originally Posted By: 92saturnsl2

Great find, great deal!
smile.gif

Also, I see Motorcraft 5w40 synthetic Diesel Engine Oil at various independent auto part stores where I live.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back