Hangkook tires?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Long story made longer. My moms Sportage had some PepBoys tires that I hated. Finally one of the tires developed a leak from a crack in a sidewall. I threw the spare on it.

I made some calls and the only place open on a Sunday that had some 205/75/15's was a local tire shop thats not part of any chain stores.

I had planned on buying 2 tires. One to replace the leaker and another to replace another that had weather cracks also.

I took the car to the tire shop. I stopped at the bank to get cash and I heard a hiss. One of the tires that I was going to keep developed a sidewall leak too!

So I went ahead and bought 4 new tires. He had 2 kinds. One brand was made in China with a 50k warranty and the Hangkooks that are made in Korea and have an 80k warranty.

The Hangkooks were only $20 more for the 4 tires.

I'm hoping that the Korean tires are better than the Chinese. Anyway $400 for 4 tires, mounted, balanced, stems and hand torqued seemed fair. They are $98ea on America tires site but they are not open on Sundays.

Anybody heard of these tires? Hankkook milage plus 2's.

Hankooks are pretty good tires,at least as good as cheap Goodyears or Dunlop.JMHO

edit :probably better than cheap Goodyears!

Last edited:
hankook like all tire manufacturer has good and bad tires. which hankooks did you get?

Originally Posted By: Rand
hankook like all tire manufacturer has good and bad tires. which hankooks did you get?

Anybody heard of these tires? Hankkook milage plus 2's.

The Hankook Ventus K104 was the only cheap tire I've ever bought that were worth having. Every single other cheap tire I bought made me wish I had paid more.

Not sure if that's representative of the brand, but there it is.

I have Hankook V12 Evo on our Audi and they are pretty good. Their customer service is very friendly as well.

I have Hankook Optimo H727, it is very good on both wet and dry road, the road noise is very low too. I think Hankook in general is as good or better than Kumho or Sumimoto.

Originally Posted By: HTSS_TR
I have Hankook Optimo H727, it is very good on both wet and dry road, the road noise is very low too. I think Hankook in general is as good or better than Kumho or Sumimoto.

+1

I have an OEM set of Hankook Optimo H-725A, S-rated tires size 225/50/17. After almost 26K miles the tires have worn down only about 3/32" from the original 11/32". IRC, the tires are rated for 50K miles, and at the current wear rate, I think I will get pretty close to that. These have turned out to be pretty good tires, overall. I'd feel better if they were rated "H" or better, but so far so good.

I bought a set of Hankooks just over two years ago for the Focus.(80K tires) After 22K two of them had to be replaced because of excessive tread wear. The dealer rechecked the allignment and it was still fine and I had done proper tire rotation and inflation through out the tires life. They agreed to replace the two tires and that's when the frustration really began. This process started in June of last year and I didn't get the tires replaced untill Sept because no tires were in the country and all Hankook dealers had backlogs waiting across the country. Time after time the dealer would call me advising the tires were coming. They even put on two used tires better than the Hankooks that were worn out. So no more Hankooks for me. I'll try to buy something like Cooper that's made in the USA.

Last edited:
IME, Hankook tires are pretty good. The ones on my wife's car have lasted ~45K miles so far and can still probably go another couple years.

Originally Posted By: daves87rs
Originally Posted By: HTSS_TR

+1

Before buying the H727 for my daughters car, I read lot's of customer reviews. It's customer reviews that I hold in higher regard than "some" tire tests. Turns out that these tires not only score well in testing but, customers overall seem to love'em.

I have been reading lot's of good things about Hankook tire overall as well. Along with Kumho too! I am absolutely discusted with G/Y after about 30-35 years of buying them on and off. And have been happy with the tires mentioned(Hankook/Kumho and others too)!

It's hard to tell how many miles a tire will last until you experience them. IDK how long these H727's will last but, we're hoping for the best.

Things that I look for in a tire isn't only long life, it ease of balance(for the installer) and straight line tracking w/o wobbling. And other things, too many to mention.

I always have issues with G/Y tires. Expensive ones too!
Can't balance them. So they vibrate on the hiwy.
Radial pull in at least one tire.
Flat spots early in the tires life causing early replacement.
Short life compared to their mileage rating. Could be me!

Last edited:
No experience with that particular tire, but based on the Discount Tire reviews it looks like most have been happy with those.

Based on my experience with another Hankook Tire, the Winter I Pike W409 (yes, a snow tire), I'd happily buy another set of Hankooks. The tires I bought have done everything as advertised, were inexpensive, and I could not be happier.

Originally Posted By: MNgopher
No experience with that particular tire, but based on the Discount Tire reviews it looks like most have been happy with those.

Based on my experience with another Hankook Tire, the Winter I Pike W409 (yes, a snow tire), I'd happily buy another set of Hankooks. The tires I bought have done everything as advertised, were inexpensive, and I could not be happier.

These are the types of comments that I have been reading from actual customers of Hankook tires and others that I have mentioned as well. People are happy and aren't paying Michelin prices.

My coworker has one (long story) and doesn't ever take care of it. It's holding air and wearing like iron. Perfect for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back