our infrastructure

Status
Not open for further replies.
is horrible!! i just had 4 new michelins (the ones that came on the car) put on 2,000 miles ago,along with 4 wheel alignment. and since then i have hit three whopper`s (pot holes etc) two of which were on the right side. if my alignment is still within spec.i`ll be very impressed.
mad.gif

You think that's funny our DOT gets its money October 1 and they go repaint all the lines just in time to get scraped down by the snow plows again!

back in 06 when the wife and i took a trip to manchester vt. i couldn`t believe how much better the roads were up their. pa always uses the frost during the winter hoop-la. well how do you explain vt`s road conditions then.

p.s helen/mod`s,not trying to be political.just really [censored] off right now.

Federal, state, and local budgets are hurting all over the country. You are only seeing the beginning of deterioration! Up here in snow country I have noticed a distinct cutback in the quality of clearing the roads this winter.

Originally Posted By: Chris142
Stop sniveling. Many of the roads I drive on are still dirt.

and they are probably better than what i`m driving on.
crackmeup2.gif

Originally Posted By: AuthorEditor
Federal, state, and local budgets are hurting all over the country. You are only seeing the beginning of deterioration! Up here in snow country I have noticed a distinct cutback in the quality of clearing the roads this winter.

i know. how much more can they cut back?

So why not pay folks who are getting various forms of assistance to go to work on the infrastructure?

Instead of just sending out a check to folks who are not working, or food stamps, or WIC or whatever, why not say, meet at XYZ location at 6AM and we have a job for you to do that will provide a living wage, teach you some new life skills or whatever.

It certainly makes more sense than handing out checks, LINK cards, section 8 housing, etc.

If you don't want to work, then apparently you don't want the assistance.

If we have 9-10% unemployment, that's a lot of folks available to work on infrastructure. Let's put them to work!

Originally Posted By: 440Magnum
Neglected infrastructure is good because it makes people use mass transit.

Yeah, I see the sarcasm-tag, but I still have to respond.
wink.gif

And then there's the neglected mass-transit infrastructure. My train line has had more "mechanical problems", "signal problems" and "switch problems" this year alone than in an entire year back when I was riding the same line in the early 2000's.

Originally Posted By: lexus114
back in 06 when the wife and i took a trip to manchester vt. i couldn`t believe how much better the roads were up their. pa always uses the frost during the winter hoop-la. well how do you explain vt`s road conditions then.

p.s helen/mod`s,not trying to be political.just really [censored] off right now.

Amen.

Lehigh Valley roads are terrible.

The technology exists for road surfaces that last 20 years or more, but doing that costs a little more and makes for less long term work for the unions, so it's not a popular idea.

You'd think maintaining the infrastructure would be a high priority because of all the commerce that depends on it, but it just doesn't seem to be the case.

well, they need to get hoppin because the [censored] things arent going to fix themselves. and their getting worse everyday.

Well, we all want low taxes.

dont bring up taxes and all that please, the thread will be locked. i`m soory,i`m just venting. the whole thing simply discusses me. it`s sickening.

Originally Posted By: CivicFan

Well, we all want low taxes.

Taxes have done nothing except go up. So where is all the money going?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back