Napa / Valvoline Synethic Oil

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have tried several different brands of oil and have noticed that only Valvoline SynPro & Napa not only provides a smoother, quieter running engine, but an increase in fuel mileage.

Works on a Hemi and Land Rover plants.

Not sure just why this is, but Napa works great!

Change oil every 4K miles.

Thanks,

I use Napa brand conventional in my truck and my girlfriend's car. The Napa oil is bottled by Ashland, the same place where Valvoline comes from. So is Carquest brand oil. Some say the Napa and Carquest brand have a weaker add pack than Valvoline branded oils, but Napa/CQ is a top quality oil. I get a nice smoother and quieter engine too, and I get better MPG on Napa 10W30 than I do on any other oil. It usually has a great price too, whether it is on sale or not. I have been using Napa and/or CQ oil for about 3 years now, and have had absolutely no problems at all with it.

I change my oil every 3000 miles, and change my gf's oil about every 6 months. She doesn't drive nearly as much as I do.

My uncle swears by the Napa Premium...he got my dad to switch to it from the bulk oil the shop uses where he takes his '04 Burb to. The 5.3L Vortec does seem to run smoother and turn over better than when he used the shops oil. Its funny, for some reason his three cars that he owns all had their oil changed around the same time ( '08 Chrysler Town and Country, '08 VW Passat, '04 Burb). We compared the oil "wiped" off each of their dipsticks after roughly 500 miles on their new oil and the Burb running the Napa Premium was clearly the cleanest of the bunch.

My car really seems to like it's napa syn...oil is still in very good shape.

Then again, ecotec engines will run on just about anything...

synpower is the smoothest oil i have ever used and i saw teh highest mpg with it.

Last edited:
Yeah, just not sure why my engines respond to this product so well.

I bought a new Challenger with the 6.1 Hemi and will be looking to try 5w-30 in it. My other Hemi used 5w-20. Ran Motorcraft for the first 12,000 miles then switched to Napa. She just runs so smooth and no Hemi "tick" or any noise at all. Just smooth and pure quiet!

Just thought I wouls ask if others have experienced the same.

Thanks.....

My '07 Dodge Charger Super Bee with the 6.1L Hemi specified 0W40 for the crankcase. Did Chrysler change the oil specs for the newer 6.1L Hemi's????
I only ran the 0W40 Mobil 1 in the crankcase and never had a problem...just wondering.....

Originally Posted By: markhall3
Yeah, just not sure why my engines respond to this product so well.

I bought a new Challenger with the 6.1 Hemi and will be looking to try 5w-30 in it. My other Hemi used 5w-20. Ran Motorcraft for the first 12,000 miles then switched to Napa. She just runs so smooth and no Hemi "tick" or any noise at all. Just smooth and pure quiet!

Just thought I wouls ask if others have experienced the same.

Thanks.....

I am really anticipating using the 5w40 SP in my VW 2.0T FSI in about 2 weeks. As you all probably know this particular turbo engine just destroys oil no matter what you throw at it. Being that it is DI has alot to do with it, that and its a VW. hah. I have consistently burned about a 1/2 qt every 1500 or so miles since new. Previous fills have been with Elf Excellium LDX/NF and Lubro Moly Synthoil High Tech. I have tried the French and German oil...now I think its time for some good 'ol American oil! The 5w40 is hard to come by, I know of only Napa and O'Reilly carrying it. They both have awewsome sales prices on SP right now so check em out...

Originally Posted By: defektes
My vehicles like ashland products too. Though I dont get any extra MPG or smoother engine, but they are quality oils.

54.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back