Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Pablo
Originally Posted By: Trajan
Maybe the Klingons use it?

You called???
banana2.gif
crazy2.gif

Do you think that's why Praxis exploded in ST6? used the Synlube a little too long?

Originally Posted By: Johnny
Originally Posted By: postjeeprcr
This is one interesting thread that has no sense of direction nor any flow.

Sure it does. Can't you hear that flushing sound?

I can, loud and clear. Just no direction that will get anything accomplished other then a few people getting their laughs for the day, myself included.

Just a thought!

If a small Texas manufacture of oil can show great UOA's and have a starting TBN of 15+, and get great long range mileage wear and still not deplete or come close to depleting the TBN. Showing an Oxid and Nitrate number not near the ceiling level...

Why would you all dog Synlube without knowing the numbers? If we run off someone or somemore folks with trashing them without reprize maybe...just maybe Synlube is a product that really works. We use Redline, Neo, Amsoil paying 12 bucks a quart that if we are lucky will get 15K. A reasonable deduction of 30 bucks a quart for 50 plus K is 30 bucks a quart for 50K Synlube miles and 36 dollars a quart for 50K of the other oils.

Hoping for a UOA to finish once and for all the Synlube Question!

If the owner of Synlube had come here personally himself, become a member, maybe done some advertising here, and talked about his products politely and everything above board, he would have received a much better reception. Frank of Auto-RX was a member here for quite a while.

I don't think anybody tried to drive off the Synlube fans. The Synlube fans became overbearing in their behavior, insulting to some members, and made a lot of claims with no proof. How are people supposed to react to this kind of behavior? People became fed up with it all.

Originally Posted By: Mystic
If the owner of Synlube had come here personally himself, become a member, maybe done some advertising here, and talked about his products politely and everything above board, he would have received a much better reception. Frank of Auto-RX was a member here for quite a while.

I don't think anybody tried to drive off the Synlube fans. The Synlube fans became overbearing in their behavior, insulting to some members, and made a lot of claims with no proof. How are people supposed to react to this kind of behavior? People became fed up with it all.

Exactly! There is a right way and a wrong way to promote a product. That circus act in the Teflon thread in the oil additive section is the wrong way to promote a product. But it sure was entertaining and fun to be a part of! JMO

I believe the owner, and many affiliates of this company, have become members. They try to pass themselves off as, someone who has tried the product, and urge others to try as well.

If you ask questions they attack or avoid/ignore the question and continue on with "The Message".

Most of these posters I believe, are one and the same person, under different e-mail address's to gain membership. Seeing as how they pop in, and pop out of discussions on this product, and this product alone.

Houckster was/is one of the original members (939) on this forum. I believe him to be a genuine person. He has had the Synlube business for close to a decade. Why would he come back from time to time to be trashed? He apparently makes a living without the need to provide any data. And for some reason, I remember back to a virgin oil sample provided. What I would like to see is a 50K sample of this oil. Anyone game? Mola will UOA for free?

I am starting to get really tired of Attack of the Sylube Fans. It is entertaining, the most entertainment I have seen in a while at this webiste, but it gets under the skin after a while.

Houckster genuine?...Well yes he was member #939. And in his profile, he states he is the "owner of Synlube"...But in the (1) thread he ever commented in...His last post states that, Synlube sounds like a very interesting company, and he wishes he had an substantial amount of money to invest in it.

I just don't understand the contradiction there.

But yes the threads are good for a laugh, I will agree.

Originally Posted By: daman
Originally Posted By: ThirdeYe
Originally Posted By: daman
Originally Posted By: captain_kirk
I had a 1995 pontiac with the 3.1 v6 piston slap issue.

thats not PS it's lifter tick! until warmed up for a few Min's all 31 and 3400 have it,I've owned tons of these engines,they will run forever like that.

"Mobil one by the way is not really a true synthetic"

speculation!!!!!!

We own a 3.1 also and it's piston slap that's common in those engines. Ours does it too, it's a pronounced knock, not a tick.

the [censored] it is and yes it's a tick,ive replaced 3 sets of lifters now all cured the problem,not pumping up correctly and too much lash.

I didn't mean to word it that yours isn't a tick. I'm just saying that I've heard and experienced piston slap more commonly in those engines than I have lifter tick. I was referring to ours not ticking, but knocking. Didn't mean to put words in your mouth.
thumbsup2.gif

Because when it comes to synlube, you're suppossed to take their word for it. Anything less earsn their wrath.

Originally Posted By: ThirdeYe

I didn't mean to word it that yours isn't a tick. I'm just saying that I've heard and experienced piston slap more commonly in those engines than I have lifter tick. I was referring to ours not ticking, but knocking. Didn't mean to put words in your mouth.
thumbsup2.gif

it's all good....

PS is more widely known on the V8's,some 6's may experience some sort of it but most times it's bad collapsed lifters not pumping up right and worn camshaft lobs from the constant hammering of the lifter to lobe contact from too much lash.

I've heard of synlube and read all the pages about it on NAOIO or whatever site that is many moons ago. I just can't understand how hard it is for someone who already blew several hundred dollars to take a sample of the product and send it out to a lab for $20. Then after 30-50k, loosen up the drain bolt slightly and let some of the oil dribble into a testing tube and send it out for another $20.

Rather support a product blindly or know that your safe guarding your investment? Like others said, if sounds good but there is no "proof". I could claim that my spittle(spit) can used as an automotive oil and can last 250k miles without adding or changing the oil, i'll even back it up with replacing your engine. But what happens when it comes time for that?

I read the Murano incident and the replies back from Synlube said they would have(after they heard the oil was drained), secondly they also blamed the dealer. Who knows if they would have given your money back if you hadn't had the dealer drain it?

The guy was on Fox news regarding the oil(a story about "new" lifetime oil. The owner was on there, he goes to "everyones" house and does the install for them if they are in or around his area.

Originally Posted By: Anies
All those posts and no UOA. Why even bother with this thread?

Agreed. TIme for a lock......

Have you read the teflon thread in the oil additive forum? Very entertaining. Full of nonsense from one in paticular. Gotta love how he expects others to do what he should.

Iron
Chromium
Nickel
Aluminum
Lead
Copper
Tin
Silver
Titanium
Silicon
Boron
Sodium
Potassium
Molybdenum
Phosphorus
Zinc
Calcium
Barium
Magnesium
Antimony
Vanadium

Feb 26, 2010
FIAT X1/9 @ 173,055 Miles on 2/20/2010 = 83,005 miles on the SynLube since 1988 !

Analysts, Inc. Western U.S.
3401 Jack Northrop Ave., Hawthorne, CA 90250

$25.00 for the test

Motor Oil has been changed only once @ 90,000 miles in September of 1988.

Only posted this UOA 4 times, but each time it seems to disappear, like it is gone - so obviously the moderator does not like real results !!! SO look at it before someone deletes it agian !!!

VIS CS
40°C

STATUS WAS
NORMAL ON 26-Feb-10

Just wonder how many of your "tests" show NORMAL after 22 years on the some OIL ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back