synlube lube-4-life/// RESULTS ARE HERE

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have driven it over that distance. I am not sure if blackstone labs is able to give an accurate analysis. In the end, if the engine outlives the car,isn't that what it's all about?

Look at all the sludge issues people are having out there now days with blown engines at under 50k with voided warranties. Even with receipts sludge is not always covered. Look at all the posts.

I also have it in a 2001.5 VW 1.8T which is a known sludge monster!! Car now has 67k,and was purchased used from auto lenders with 39k. Ran amsoil for 10k,and then installed synlube at 51k. Engine runs like a top,and is the only vw that does not have the classic cold start valve tick.

The tone of this thread is very polite...so far.

afaik, Dupont issued a statement declaring Teflon unsuitable for automotive applications.

I have used slick 50 once or twice years ago with no trouble at all. I once had a 455 with low end noise at 110k. I discovered that moly totally quieted down that engine down...no audible rock knocks!! Sold that 1976 buick electra at 20 years old and 200k with a "sweet" running engine!!

Car ran on dino oil with 2k oil changes at that time, with 8 oz of moly(auto moly-pacific lubricants) added each time. I still have some auto moly,gear moly left. I think neo-synthetic sells the same stuff. Redline oil uses moly too! It has to be high quality technical fine grade though.

Even let some friends use it in their knocking cars.... which stopped knocking!

Originally Posted By: captain_kirk
What do they use in the military on the high end engines??

Jet engine oil, esters.

Not sure what the performance piston engines use.

Originally Posted By: captain_kirk
What do they use in the military on the high end engines??

The lowest bidder.
34.gif

I had a 1995 pontiac with the 3.1 v6 piston slap issue. Ran,castrol syntec,mobil one,lucas oil stabilizer and finally amsoil 5w-30. Sent blacksone labs an oil sample of amsoil with 5k on the oil and blacksone flagged the oil with high aluminum?? Ignored the blacksone lab results,they flagged Amsoil??? These cars are known to slap for 200k. Ever here a vette run?

This car also had the sylube installed at 33k. Piston slap was audible for the first 3 minutes with all oils used even the synlube.Piston slap is impossible to quiet down,because pistons are slapping around until they expand with heat. Gm won't fix this,and other makes have the same problem.

This car was traded in with over 78k on odometer because of the intake manifold leaking antifreeze. Wife now has 2009 v6 stang with synlube installed at 14k,car had 9k when bought.

sludge will not form on rotating surfaces so if run as a daliy driver sludge unless it clogs a oil filter or the oil gallery is not really an issue. That said I would love to see a virign sammple and a used sample form same lot if possible. I have never seen one posted for such a great oil very little real data, all the web site hype is just that IMHO untill proven.

bruce

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: bruce381
That said I would love to see a virign sammple and a used sample form same lot if possible. I have never seen one posted for such a great oil very little real data, all the web site hype is just that IMHO untill proven.

bruce

Bruce I sent an email to Houckster on Noria inquiring if he would be able to part with a VOA and UOA sample. I will be down his way late this month and would be more then happy to bring some kits and my sample pump.

The next filter change I could send in some oil for UOA. The best test is to break the engine down a mic it up!! Or run it until it dies when I have not done yet. I ran it in a yardman lawn mover with ohv 6.5 briggs for seven years and about 250 hours of no oil changes. The mower fell apart around the perfectly running engine. Got a new craftsmen three years ago, and guess whats in the 7 hp engine?

Remember, these engines don't have a filter,and never seem to use any oil. An air cooled engine is much harder on the oil then a car and is a very good proving ground. I will let you know when if ever the engine dies.

I have read that after Katrina hit, they were blowing up engines on generators with 30w that ran non-stop,but hardly any issues with 15w-50 mobil one.

Slick 50 only go into trouble saying it stays in the engine for 50k and cuts 50% friction. This product I thought was tested by the franklin institute and shown that it does not cause harm,and does cut friction. Just doesn't last 50k,and cuts only 12% friction.

Remember,The product was not pulled off the shelves,just had to change their wording.

Is that caddy a 4.9 or 4.5 northstar? Does it have the cold start rattle for like 2-3 seconds? My 91 eldo 4.9 did before I used synlube in that car(mother's car.) Totaled at 170k,car saved her life!!! Good thing for air bags!! Engine was awesome!!

I have watched that thread on NORA and have learned that the synlube guys are very opinionated. They always have a exscuse for never having a UOA or a VOA because the oil is so super secret double probation that no one other than god can interpet a lab report on it.

if you get a Virgin and used smaple I will test it no [censored] stright up test i have no dog in this fight and can care less
it make for funny reading tho.

bruce

Last edited:
No. I did once with amsoil being flagged by blackstone labs.Just brushed it off. I have read that a given oil sample could be sent a different time to different labs with very diff results.Plus synlube lube-4-life may be to exotic for blackstone labs.

I have even had blood work done that was flawed!! The best test is in the field.

Do you think toyota had their gas pedals,brakes,pcu etc.tested!!

Field testing proves everything period,which is why there are so many recalls,lawsuits with cars,drugs, etc. All these products passed some lab test but now fail in the real world. Synlube does tests the oil for free and I do that once in a blue moon with no problem.

Testing is only a guide anyway and has its place for large commercial equipment when its done right.The best way is too break down the engine and measure it up for tolerance and sludge etc. Just not always practical. If it runs "forever" and like "new",why bother unless its big time commercial with 50 gallons of oil.

if you get a Virgin and used smaple I will test it no [censored] stright up test i have no dog in this fight and can care less
it make for funny reading tho.

bruce

Not trying to get ahead of myself but if he is willing I will pull 4 samples then, 2 for you and 2 for another lab so no one claims any bias. I'll even buy him a quart for make up.

I have watched that thread on NORA and have learned that the synlube guys are very opinionated. They always have a exscuse for never having a UOA or a VOA because the oil is so super secret double probation that no one other than god can interpet a lab report on it.

+1

The next time I change the filter I will send you whatever I can dump out of it on one of the cars. It looks to be the 2001.5 vw passat 1.8t. Car runs perfect.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back