Pennzoil Ultra is on the shelves

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just saw penzoil ultra on the shelves today at WM for 28 dollars even. just thought i would let you all know, if you were looking for it.

$28 for 5 quarts? Even if it's for 5 quarts, that's pricey. What could justify it costing so much? I can't think of any good reason.

Well it just hit the shelves here because last week, it was not there, so it may take a while for all the marts to start stocking. Im sure it will be out everywhere soon.

Originally Posted By: JAG
$28 for 5 quarts? Even if it's for 5 quarts, that's pricey. What could justify it costing so much? I can't think of any good reason.

It's Ultra??

Yes, it is 5 qts. Also they put the old PP back in the back with Castrol edge, which has not been on the shelves for a long time. Neither the PP or edge were on sale. PP was 23 and Edge was 26. Also there was a rollback on QSHP to 18 dollars.

Originally Posted By: JAG

You will probably feel the same way when the rest of them formulate to GF-5 and they all go up.

I just wish someone would take a camera to one of these Wal Marts that has it and take a picture of the stocked shelves, close up of the front label, and close up of the back label.

If it does what my friend told me about it, might be worth the price. Good things don't come cheap.

Does anyone know if there will be a Pennzoil rebate to coincide with the release of the Ultra?

Johnny, if im out tommorow, ill take a pic, It is the new ultra that says hypercleaning on the bottle and also says already meets GF-5. It also has a new jug, it is not the same as the old PP jugs. They also have individual quarts. They have QS green bottle there for 10 dollars even, do you feel like it would be worth stocking up a little, if all formulas are going to jump in price?

Originally Posted By: jstutz
Johnny, if im out tommorow, ill take a pic, It is the new ultra that says hypercleaning on the bottle and also says already meets GF-5. It also has a new jug, it is not the same as the old PP jugs. They also have individual quarts. They have QS green bottle there for 10 dollars even, do you feel like it would be worth stocking up a little, if all formulas are going to jump in price?

Thank you. I am interested to see what they did to the 5-quart jug/bottle, because the current 5-quart they have just plain sucks as for as I'm concerned. Don't know why they could not make a 5-quart container that looks like the Shell Rotella T 1-gallon container. That container would look good in all of the different colors they have.

I looked on the back to see if it was ACEA A3 or A5 rated, but there was no ACEA rating on it that i saw.

Guess what, only 4 people in 300 million have seen it, so join the crowd. Yes to the GF-5, and we will have to wait and see what makes it worth the price.

Originally Posted By: HawkeyeScott
Is it a longer drain oil?

Even Pennzoil Platinum is an unofficial long drain oil =)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back