Rotated my tires today...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Leamington, ON, CA - between Detroit and Cleveland
in the driveway. Did it just the way the manual said. 2007 Chev Uplander.
20k miles on the original GY Integrity tires, wearing well and riding good. I like those tires... very smooth and well balanced.
. Yes, I took a small screwdriver and cleaned EVERY stone out of the treads while they were off. Even the small stones in the sipes.
56.gif

The Integritys on your car must be a fluke. The ones that were on my mom's car sucked.

Speaking of tire rotations, I intend to rotate mine when I go home for the weekend. I brought it to the place where I bought the tires for the lifetime balance and rotation and for some reason the dumb person who did it only flipped the front two wheels. He told me that he had to flip them a second time because my alignment was off. Which means I sat there for two hours waiting for my car for them to just return it to me with the tires in the same place I brought them in at. Oh well I just wanted a piece of paper so I can prove that I rotated them when they wear out prematurely. I need to clean the inside of the wheels anyhow.

Originally Posted By: asiancivicmaniac
The Integritys on your car must be a fluke. The ones that were on my mom's car sucked.

Speaking of tire rotations, I intend to rotate mine when I go home for the weekend. I brought it to the place where I bought the tires for the lifetime balance and rotation and for some reason the dumb person who did it only flipped the front two wheels. He told me that he had to flip them a second time because my alignment was off. Which means I sat there for two hours waiting for my car for them to just return it to me with the tires in the same place I brought them in at. Oh well I just wanted a piece of paper so I can prove that I rotated them when they wear out prematurely. I need to clean the inside of the wheels anyhow.

That's pretty lame.
Which dump did you go to, so I can avoid it in the future.

Originally Posted By: Papa Bear
in the driveway. Did it just the way the manual said. 2007 Chev Uplander.
20k miles on the original GY Integrity tires, wearing well and riding good. I like those tires... very smooth and well balanced.
. Yes, I took a small screwdriver and cleaned EVERY stone out of the treads while they were off. Even the small stones in the sipes.
56.gif

the first 10m you drive next will have the little stones back in the tread, you just can't win mate!

I even put the wheel covers back on so all the bow-ties were upright ...

That so sounds like me!

When I showed cars in car shows, I'd pop the center caps off and straighten them, and put them back on prior to judging....

Originally Posted By: daves87rs

That so sounds like me!

I thought he was joking.

Originally Posted By: EricZoom
That's pretty lame.
Which dump did you go to, so I can avoid it in the future.

This was at the Tire Plus next to the University of South Florida on Fowler. The manager(s) there are decent for the business they are in. I have their lifetime alignment so I asked for an alignment check as well. I don't know if I should be upset at the dumb--- who worked on my car or feel pity for him. He spent 45 minutes at least putting my car on the alignment rack twice and then lifted the car to swap the wheels. So he actually spent time doing it but didn't get it right. An alignment and tire rotation is simple enough, right?

At least they got my car in. I brought my car to another Tires Plus when I was home over the summer and dropped my car off at 11:30 AM and was told they could get it on a rack in 2-2.5 hours. I went back at 4:30 PM because they never called me about whether the job was done yet and my car was still parked in the space where I left it. I just got the keys and left.

Originally Posted By: crinkles
the first 10m you drive next will have the little stones back in the tread, you just can't win mate!

You've missed the point of removing every little stone (and glass) flake: over time they might work their way through to the belts and damage one. The new ones will get what's coming to them on the next rotation.

The van is running smoother today than it did brand new..... Don't know how to describe it but it's like the tires have found their "home".....
This is the 2nd rotation so the tires are on the same end of the van but on different corners (LF is now RF, LR is RR... rotating in reverse). Pressure is 40F and 39R. Absolutely no vibration or rolling "anomalies", just smooth free rotation.
Even Mama Bear noticed how good the van ran... hope it keeps up ??!!

Update to last year's post....

Rotated the GY Integrities on the Uplander again recently, they now have about 30k miles on them.

The wear is as I would expect, fronts worn a little more than rears but no "anomolies" are appearant. Visually the tires look good and running my hand around the face of them doesn't reveal any bumps, ridges or scalloping.
After this rotation however, the tires have developed quite a humming/growling noise. It began right after rotation so I am ruling out wheel bearing. The balance is still very good but the road noise is exponentially worse than before rotation.

I would like to get another year out of these tires before swapping out for new ones. Hope the road noise slowly diminishes as it is quite aggravating on some road surfaces.
(I would insert "praying hands" icon here if we had one)

I hope the Integs hold up for you. Haven't heard many good stories about them lately....

I did get my wife's OEM GY Conquests (similar tire) to 50k with no issues.

My wifes Lexus RX-300 AWD came with Integrity's and they lasted over 60,000 miles with a 5 tire rotation and wore as even as any tire we have ever owned. They were quiet, well balanced and road nicely. They would allow the vehicle take off nicely in the snow and ice(AWD of course) but wouldn't stop very well in slushy conditions(causing the ABS to kick in too often) and would make the vehicle swing out wide while making a turn in foul weather(causing the VSC to kick in). I drive like a human being not an idiot. I replaced them with Good/Year Assurance Comfort Treads and just love'em. They're everything the Integ's were and more, especially in the foul weather. I had to check that the ABS was still working by stomping on the brakes on the icey road and the vehicle never slid around a turn since. The Integ's have their place, just not with me! The Integ's did some thing well but not enough. There are better tires for the same or less money. Most people complain that the Integ's don't last, that wasn't my issue. They lasted fine. I could have even gone further but I couldn't stand it anymore.

I found Integrities to be smooth, quiet, great mpg tire. lifespan was fair. On our van they were terrifying in the rain, and were vague directionally... I always figured the van had loose steering... until I replaced them, and it steered as accurately as a well-tuned sedan.

I rotated my tires the other day and now I have steering wheel shake at highway speeds that comes and goes. What the [censored]? I had no vibration at all before the rotation, so why would I have it now? Doesn't make any sense. Where the tires are located on the vehicle shouldn't have any affect on their balance. And why would the shake come and go? That doesn't make any sense either. A tire is either balanced or unbalanced. How can it go from a balanced state to an unbalanced state and then back to a balanced state while I'm driving down the road? None of what's occuring makes any sense.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back