Amsoil 0W30; 98 Tacoma; 15K on Oil/135K on Truck

Status
Not open for further replies.
The majority of the population fall under the 'severe service' definition. For sso that is 17,500 miles. Unless it was all highway, in a non-modified well maintained and healthy engine I don't think 30k miles is wise with any oil. But who cares!! You went 15k miles with a great report to boot. I would be happy with that.

SSO can make it 25k plus in an car that is easy on oil and driving 30+k miles a year of highway use.

It's impressive in that it can go 15k under severe use and hold it's viscosity and wear quite well

Originally Posted By: JoeFromPA
SSO can make it 25k plus in an car that is easy on oil and driving 30+k miles a year of highway use.

It's impressive in that it can go 15k under severe use and hold it's viscosity and wear quite well

I don't think I'd be considered severe use, unless 25 mile trips are short enough to push it in severe. I drive the truck to work everyday at 50+ miles a day (25+ each way) all freeway. There's a handful of 400 mile trips on it to the in laws. It took me about 8 months to put the 15K on it. I'm sure the winter is tough on it...it sits outside in Minnesota winters. Oil probably doesn't get fully warmed up when its below zero?

Overall though the truck is great!

SSO is a great oil, but M1 EP could do 15k in this truck. I think SSO could handle 20k+. It has a 20% higher Tbn.

I'm really impressed with how well SSO holds up under severe fuel dilution - both Pablo's anaysis and this one had high fuel numbers and the results are still great.

plus that motor has a timing chain so in theory it should be harder on oil than lets say the 3.4 v6 that has a timing belt. yes?

Originally Posted By: buster
Same here. 0w20/30 are their two best pcmo's.

+1, I will be trying both shortly.

Yes u can go 30K miles with Amsoil OW-30!

--------------BUT-------------

you will have to change the oil filter at 15K miles or at 6 months...whichever comes first...and when u do that you will also end up topping up some fresh OW-30

-----------AND/OR--------------

you may also have to clean or replace you Air filter in that time frame depending on the environment ur vehicle gets driven!

Anyone please feel to correct me...thx!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back