Auto-Rx in a Saturn trans, any success stories?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn't find any here, perhaps there may be some at Saturnfans.com. Just curious to see if anyone has used Auto-Rx in a Saturn trans and it cured any issues. Mine exhibits the reverse slam fix from time to time.

Just changed the fluid with Valvoline Dex/Merc and 6oz of a-rx. Time will tell I guess...

Did you change the spin on filter?
I tried a-rx at 110k miles and it didn't stop the reverse slam.
Still going strong at 165k miles and still slamming lol.
My sister in law owns the car now and she will kill it because she only checks the oil when the oil light comes on.Can't teach an old dog new tricks(checking oil).

No I didn't change the filter. I figure I'd do that once the a-rx needs to be drained.

Good to hear that the trans is still going strong with 165K on it.

I put 4 ounces in my SL2 at around 95k, did a fluid and filter change at 99k and a fluid only change at 101k. I'm at 117k now, no problems.

Then again, mine has never shown any signs of the infamous reverse slam problem. If yours is already giving you that problem, you're better off calling your local Transtar and buying a remanufactured valve body for $300 and fixing the problem for good.

When you do change the filter be carefull with the wire connector next to it.Mine fell apart when i bumped it.

The application for automatic transmissions calls for 6 ounces of Auto-Rx drive a 1000 miles drain and refill with transmission fluid of your choice.

The only change to the above is if you used a transmission additive prior to Auto-Rx if so drive 1500 miles and refill with transmission fluid of your choice.

Following the application gives results.

Originally Posted By: QuOk
Did you change the spin on filter?
I tried a-rx at 110k miles and it didn't stop the reverse slam.
Still going strong at 165k miles and still slamming lol.
You can also try motorsilk auto trans treatment.

My SC2, 2001 developed the reverse slam problem recently. Is this a major defect as I cannot replicate the happening tendency, it kind of happens at random.

I have user AUTO-RX, but recently as per Johnny-B’s from Norway conversation Cermax which is not very popular here did cure my massive oil consumption. They recommend to fully clean my transmission before plying Cermax to it. Once I go through the full rinse cycle, I’ll see if Cermax will be able to cur my reverse slam problem.

I am curious if my wear numbers will be higher due to reverse slamming.

kgb007stb- Auto-Rx will (hopefully) clean and rinse out this product. If you check out how this chemistry will effect your transmission parts before you use it,might save you a lot of money.

As far as stopping your oil burning think Auto-Rx if you followed the application helped.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back