Civic 2006 Factory Fill 5w20 6.270km (30.916km)

Status
Not open for further replies.
My wife's car: For now, all 3 previous oil changes have been done by the dealer when the maintenance minder was between 5 and 0%, meaning about 8.000kms OCI (5000 miles) and about 8 to 9 months.
90% city driving, stop and go, short trips to daycare and work (less than 20 minutes). From december to june 20 (canadian winter in a garage at night
cool.gif
). My wife is not too hard on the throttle, knows you have to warn up the engine and so on. She has knowledge in mechanics as she has an aeronautical degree.

This sample was between 30 and 20% MM (30% indicated when sampled but moved to 20% few days later).

Oil filter is honda filter.
Air filter was the same from the beginning (changed it when I sampled).

As contrary as said in the owner manual, the dealer said he changed the oil filter at each oil change instead of every two oil changes
smirk2.gif
. Supposed to be Mobil1 conventional.

I did not changed the oil as I wanted to see the results first and wanted to know what was the next maintenance program (been told since it will be a B2 maintenance).
Plan to put Castrol Syntec 5w20 when I or dealer (still fighting my wife on that
mad.gif
) will change oil with Eao13 filter in order to sleep better at night and go to the 0% MM without any worry (will still do an UOA between 40 and 30%).
I am very impressed how this engine behaved even without any care from its owners (me).

Civic_30916km_FactoryFill_6270km.jpg

Any comments?
Could someone explain to me the Nitration level and what does it mean?

Should I change the oil now or wait to go down to about 5% as usual (it is summer now
cool.gif
) ?

How was this the factory fill when it had 30,916 miles (or is it kilometers?) on it at the time of change? It doesn't look like Mobil Clean 5000 conventional, as that has Sodium in it as an additive and that isn't showing up... maybe it's a different type of Mobil...

I would bet the Syntech and amsoil filter will not make any difference . Why would you sleep better? Look at the UOAS .There is not a whole lot of difference between the oils . Obey your wife!!!

Originally Posted By: Steve S
Obey your wife!!!

You remind me my mother-in-law
LOL.gif
grin2.gif

For sure, it is a great engine, no doubt about it.
I just want to go to the 0% of the MM and be able to sleep at night, and with the use of the car, 100% city, and the weather here, hot summer and cold winter, I choose to go the prudence way with the extra bucks which goes with (but since I can afford it, why not).

And if I want to use the Amsoil filter at the fullest, I need an oil which can bring me a lot of miles or time in the engine. After the warranty expires, I will see with UOAs how far I can go beyond the 0%.

And, as you and my mother-in-law have told me, I now will obey my wife: BITOG off and go to bed
banana2.gif
shocked2.gif

Just a comment on the aluminum levels ... my UOA and others posted from the R18 also seem to show high aluminum. Mine showed 12 ppm after 6,000 miles (9,650 km) on the oil, 23k miles on the car, which is about in line with your 8 ppm at 6,270 km. It's possible this engine series just continues to show high aluminum until it's got quite a few miles on it.

Thanks for the comment and your input. I also thought it was part of the break-in as the manganese.
As it is in line with yours, this confirms it.

The part I cannot explain is the nitration level: I don't know what it means, what is it related to?

Does someone have any opinion/comment on this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back