BMW M3 1995 Amsoil 10w-40

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

this is my first UOA and I think it looks pretty good for a 95 with 66k on it. It was run on Mobil 1 15w-50 and then 0w-40 when it first came out up until last year where I changed to Amsoil 10w40 thanks to this site.

I think I figured out the url thing this time, Hobby folder its the only pic on the site.

rob
web page

Actually Pablo, I drained it all out. I didn't know how much abuse I could toss at it from the track time and err'ed on the side of caution. The majority of those miles are track time at Watkins Glen and Calabogie, both high speed tracks.

I guess Amsoil is no good for racing
wink.gif
grin.gif
banana.gif

That makes your uoa 3X as good. I need to shut up and go sit down now.
fruit.gif

Seems to work for me ; -). I did plan to use the TRO on your advice, but needed something for cooler months (April and early May) where the temps aren't that high.

I used the same oil at the change and have some more track time still to come, hopefully i can keep it in a little longer without any worries.

Good g0d, what's the starting TBN in this oil, 45? I can see why P asked you if you kept it in.
Anyway, It looks perfect....wouldn't change a thing!

I am sure AMO will work great in modern cars too...in fact I just saw proof in this UOA...I have seen this AMO for some time on the Amsoil site...I thought it might make a great "one for all" at my brother-in-laws welding shop in Florida...well, they use Havoline 20w50 in everything...I mean everything...diesel equipment, trucks, four-wheelers, lawnmower, Onan gas welders etc. I used to change oil for them...They had a coniption fit when I installed 10w30 in a Ford spec'd for 5w20...put 20w50 in there! and run it! They often go way past manufacturer's recommended oci's...Seeing AMO's specs and this UOA from this M3 makes me think this oil would even work in sister's Corvette(it's a 91)...think I will send them a few cases for Christmas and see what they think of it...The fact that this oil is stout enough for a diesel yet made for a car...shouldn't be a secret!
tounge2.gif
This oil is a sleeper!

It's been the oil I recommend in warmer places for VW/Audi fuel dilute (I'd compare it to some 5W-40's), but other than that, not a lot of call for the oil. I have no proof, but I think the oil was recently beefed up. I did some testing in 2002-2003, and the results were not near this. Honestly, I have been a bit reluctant to recommend it - now I feel like running it again!

I tried to deal with a distributor. Got into an argument about 50,000kms oci's and when I suggested he join BITOG and discuss it with you guys he reckoned you are not Amsoil dealers. Just can't help some people.

Seems to of been some activity while I was at the track this past week. Well here is an update, I was at the glen and the track temp was 93 deg F on Weds and only mildly cooler on Thurs. I only saw oil temps of only 220-230ish (temp sender is in the head) on the track and didn't need to top off the oil this time. More important to me was NO lifter tap when I got of the track, which occasionally happens after some hot laps on cooler days at this track. I have another 5 days in Sept and i have much more confidence in my oil then ever. I'll do an UOA on this oil when I put the car away for winter at the end of Oct.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back