09 Toyota Tacoma 4.0, 197k; Amsoil OE 5w-30, 5k OCI

Hi all,
First thread, decided to start doing oil analysis on my vehicles. Been hearing the craze about Amsoil. Decided to try it on my 09 tacoma 4.0. Has always been serviced religiously at 5k OCI using mobil 1 and valvoline in the past always used an OEM toyota oil filter. I think I like what I see with the OE oil. Very comparable pricing with preferred customer pricing, will further continue using. Let me know what you guys think!

1000002891.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Is this (OE) Amsoil's entry level oil?
If so, run Supertech Syn entry level for 5k and see where the Iron & Aluminum reads.

This engine is built like a tank and probably wouldn't even show remorse in a S/T 5k OCI

My (2) Theta 2's are jealous. Wanna' see two S. Koreans cry?

Looks like the Lab messed up your sample and tested some Virgin Oil instead cause there’s NO WAY, this Lube spent 5,000 miles in your engine. 🫣

I'm kidding of course. Amazing results. Keep using it, if it lubricates your internal oil pump. 👍🏼

*Typoed the title it should've said 193k miles*!
Wish I had done oil analysis on my previous OCI with mobil and valvoline to have a trend analysis going. About a 1/3 of the mileage racked up on that mileage interval was a roadtrip all through Utah and back in Nevada during the summer of last year. Usual life is a fair mix of in town Big stickler on 5k OCI, currently refilled with the same entry level Amsoil OE, after this next oil drop I'll be doing Amsoil's new High mileage formula.

The good UOA is about your particular engine and your specific operating conditions, far less about the oil. You can’t use this type of analysis to make comparative quality determinations between oils, especially how it is being used here.

Back