09 Camry, 5k Havoline Deposit Sheild 5w-20

Status
Not open for further replies.

This is my first analysis with the Camry. I wanted to see if the 5k recommendation by Toyota was conservative for dino oil. Looks like I can go up to 7k according to black-stone. I'll probably still do 5k changes but I won't get bent out of shape if I go up to 6k. Havoline Deposit Shield seems to be good oil. I have Pennzoil Platinum 0w-20 in right now. I will take that oil to 7k and see what the analysis is. If the suggested change interval is not much greater, I will switch back to dino.

Looks very good. The only thing that seems to be off is the amount of moly and Boron. I thought Havoline had more of it (not that it matters that much) I guess I need to check out some other UOA/VOA's.

Great engine!

Looks really good.How long you had the oil in your sump for?
My 2012 RAV4 has the same engine as in your camry.
I got a very good UOA results with Fuchs GT1 0w-20 engine oil.

Nice report!
I have Havoline 5w20 SN/GF-5 and a Puro Classic in my daughters '06 Mazda3 2.0L since December '12. The OCI may have just 5K miles(5mo/5K) when she gets here. She's coming home today for Mother's Day from PA(~3.5 hr drive/260 miles) and I'll change it today as she's leaving again in the morning. I'll be changing out the oil/filter using the exact same setup.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back