700-Mile OCIs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: TallPaul
A former co-worker just came by with his buddy to drop off an Autolite filters catalog for me. I had no idea it was coming until he called an hour ago. Anyway, his friend (who knows I don't like Fram oil filters) included a note in the front to me:

Quote:
Hi Paul,

Enclosed is (Autolite) catalog made by (Honeywell co) Fram!!

Honeywell Co. lmakes 8 different oil, air, spark plugs--for Ford, GM, Chrysler, etc.

I use Fram X Guard--But change 500-700 miles. Sometimes I change oil and filter twice a month. Engine very clean-----

Ray

I'm trying to educate this guy, but am told he doesn't go on the internet. Anyway, I emailed the former co-worker and said to pass along to him that the Tough Guard if fine, but he can go synthetic for 5000+ miles and engine will stay clean. Am told he burns the drainout oil to heat garage.

700 mile 0c`s.man talk about anal!!
smirk2.gif

Originally Posted By: urrlord
maybe he is going by hours of use.and driving very slowly.
Or he is going by hours and lives out of his truck.
LOL.gif

that is crazy, studies by Ford and conoco shows oil is better after 3k

and i thought 3000mi oci's were pointless....

what a waste. he should be using non-detergent single-weight oil if he is going to change it that often. i have donated my used motor oil to a guy who runs it in his WVO engine. apparently it smokes more but it runs fine with it. maybe he should do something like that. at least hes not throwing it away.

Originally Posted By: hal
and i thought 3000mi oci's were pointless....

what a waste. he should be using non-detergent single-weight oil if he is going to change it that often. i have donated my used motor oil to a guy who runs it in his WVO engine. apparently it smokes more but it runs fine with it. maybe he should do something like that. at least hes not throwing it away.

smirk2.gif
Sorta makes you want to treat me with more respect, doesn't it?
wink.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back