Amsoil 0W30 3,350 miles 1999 Toyota Sienna V6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everyone,
This is a more complicated process posting these results, but I want some feedback. 100,925 on vehicle oil changed about every 3,000 du to sludge issues synthetic used.
Iron 6
Copper 2
Tin 0
Lead 12
Chrom 0
Nickel 1
Alum 3
Ti 0
Silver 0
Cal 2,785
Mag 34
Zinc 916
Bar 0
Moly 15
Anyi 0
Silicon 24
Sodium 21
Boron 17
Pot 0
Van 0
V40C 48.9
V100C 9.3
Tan 2.53
Flash 275
Oxid 57
NIT 15
KF 648
TBN 3.7
Fuel 1.68
Soot 0
Glycol 0
vndx 178
Looks like the oil had sheared below minimum. Van used for mostly short trips. What do you think?

You obviously have a fuel dilution issue. Check emission system, plugs and air the filter along with its connections. (your silicon is high too) The viscosity decrease is not likely shearing, but due to the fuel. The lead is high - you should never have double digits of lead with this motor under normal conditions.

There is no need at all to service at 3K when running a good synthetic in these engines. If you get the dilution issue settled you should be able to go 7-10K with no problems. (I do with my 98 Sienna) But do an analysis at 5K before you extend intervals just to get a decent baseline.

I was hoping for some help dealing with the issues evident from the UOA, specifically, fuel dilution, viscosity, and sludging. Long drain intervals aren't on my radar screen right now.

Slider nailed it - if anything 1.68% is understated....there are probably times when the fuel is pushing 3%.

Find a competent mechanic and have him diagnose it in detail. It will be worth it if you plan on keeping or selling the vehicle.

I forgot to mention Si (and Na) is very high for the short miles, what kind of filters, filter history, - maybe an intake leak but more likely a lower end air leak.

K&N air filter during this interval. I've already changed it to WIX. Replaced PVC valve and I am going to replace the plugs this week. I talked w/my mechanic who mentioned the O2 sensors might need to be changed.

Another reason for considering the XL line is it has more moly in its add pack, which 'might' help coat and protect the bearing from the fuel and the dirt ingestion, IF you can't get those numbers down......

the 0W-30, 0W-20, and 5W-30 HDD don't use moly. All the other (ASL, ATM, the XL line) all use about 50-100 ppm of moly; and about 150 ppm of boron in the add pack....lots of VOA's and UOA's can show you this......

Actually it's about 260 ppm of borate esters.
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back