Lubrication study

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is excellent information, but I don't have a diesel engine. I wonder if you have seen anything similar to this study on gasoline additives. Thanks.

Well at least i feel better all those year's i was recomending Synthetic Two Cycle oil. I would never have used UCL in a diesel for lubricateing. i used in gasoline engines but not as a lubricity additive I just liked the way it made the car idle smoother and it always increased my gas milage.

I did not see the MMO on that page did I miss it?

Quote:

I did not see the MMO on that page did I miss it?

Quote:

17)Marvel Mystery Oil
Gas, oil and Diesel fuel additive (NOT ULSD compliant, may damage 2007 and newer systems)
HFRR 678, 42 microns worse than baseline fuel.
320:1 ratio
10.4 oz/tank
$3.22/tank

MMO decreased the lubricity.
laugh.gif

Lucus has to lubricate in some way it is made of an oil based stock. MMO is more a cleaner IMO. If your motor runs better and gets any better gas mileage using lucus or what ever it cant be bad for the engine in any way IMO. I have seen first hand lucus keeps the pistons in my motor real clean as well as the combustion chambers. I have also noticed if I use to much I get an oily residue on the pistion tops.
I am a true believer in some kind of lube in the fuel. It adds years to the motor, less wear and a very clean motor internally.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back