Castrol SLX Professional OE 5w-30

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://proformanceusa.com/mall/castrol_automotive.aspx

I thought you couldn't get SLX in the US
dunno.gif

Sorry, not a direct link.. Use drop down menu to select "SLX professional OE/synthetic"

SLX_5w30.jpg

Castrol SLX Professional OE (Full Synthetic) is engineered for leading OEMs for outstanding engine durability. This product is developed to the highest possible standards of lubricant engineering.

API Service SL/CF - ACEA: A3/B4, C3 - VW 502.00 / 505.00 / 505.01 - MB 229.51

edit: Found some more info on this oil. It's a VW OE oil. It's different than SLX longtec 0W-30(believed to be green GC). It's "made in the USA from domestic and imported components".

images from tdiclub forums
CastrolSLX0Front.jpg

CastrolSLXPRO_OE_label3.jpg

CastrolSLX0EBack.jpg

I picked up a quart of this stuff (for $9.75) a couple of days ago at my VW dealership. I had just done the 40,000 mile service on the Jetta TDI-PD and found I needed one more quart of Castrol TXT 5W-40 505 01 to do the 50,000 miler in a few months. The dealer no longer stocks the TXT and said this is now the recommended oil. It apparently can be mixed with the TXT without problem. This will be the last over-priced Castrol I buy, as I'll be out of warranty at 60,000 miles. At that point I'll probably move to Valvoline Synpower or Maxlife Synthetic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back