Castrol GTX 5W30-2.2 Ecotec -07 HHR-3254 miles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not a bad report...don't plan on using Castrol GTX again so no TBN this time. Silicon did come down quite a bit from last time. First UOA was with Valvoline 5W30 AC.......Castrol add pack looks weaker?

Running Kendall 5W30 GT-1 Synth Blend this run

Comments? Been very happy so far with MPG with the Ecotec....thought I would be taking a much bigger hit when I traded in the Matrix.

2nduoa.jpg

Goose
patriot.gif

Looks great!

Nice numbers for only 7k miles. You got a winner.

(of course, remember that since its not a $5+ per quart oil, you can not trust a $20 UOA...)
grin.gif

For my un trained eye, you'll get many many miles of excellent long life service with this engine. GM really has a winner here. (makes me want to get a HHR!)

Take care and THANKS for posting/doing a UOA that cost more than the Oil change.
tongue.gif

Bill
patriot.gif

the ecotec is the lowest GM wearing engine I've seen. these are in the cobalt, hhr, and malibu classic?

Quote:

the ecotec is the lowest GM wearing engine I've seen. these are in the cobalt, hhr, and malibu classic?

I think the ION has the Ecotec motor too?
dunno.gif

Sad that there were no other comments on this excellent UOA in 24 hours.....
pat2.gif

Bill
patriot.gif

I am far from being an expert like so many of our members but I think Castrol GTX works well in your engine. Relative new engine and the metal wear numbers are already low. So I do not see an issue for its continued use if you plan to use dino oil.

Yep...the Ion does have the Ecotec and I'm not quite sure about the new Vue but the older ones also had the 2.4 Ecotec in them

Goose
patriot.gif

Excellent low break-in numbers. That does look like a winner from GM. GM should slap two together for a nice V8.
banana.gif

How well does a small 2.2L do pulling your HHR? MPG?

Can't comment much on the oil, as the mileage is so short. What was the % on the OLM?

Quote:

Excellent low break-in numbers. That does look like a winner from GM. GM should slap two together for a nice V8.
banana.gif

How well does a small 2.2L do pulling your HHR? MPG?

Can't comment much on the oil, as the mileage is so short. What was the % on the OLM?

It does just fine...not the fastest cat in on the track but it gets me going in plenty of time. 90% of my driving is highway so my MPG is anywhere from 31 to about 35 on the highway depending on traffic conditions etc...If I do putz around town for a few days the MPG drops down to 28-29. Not bad considering it is rated 22/30. Bigger tank allows me to go 400 plus miles between fillups and still have a 1/4 tank left.

If iirc the OLM said 76%

Really interested to see the results of the current fill of Kendall GT-1 Synth Blend...will probably run that out to 4500-5000 miles and then maybe a fill of Shell dino before winter. That fill will be Pennz Plat

Goose
patriot.gif

I could probably go 550 miles in this car before having to refill....not that I'd want to take that chance though!!

Goose
patriot.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back