Motul automotive oil

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you live the in Seattle area I found a store who supplies Motul auto engine oil. 8100, 300V...and so on. They keep a fairly good supply on hand.

Just one more oil to test.

Let me know if you're interested and I'll give the store's name. [no, I don't own it]

[I hope to get off probation and talk with the big boys someday.
bowdown2.gif
]

Hi. A guy interested in Motul is a guy I'll talk to. Just curious, about how much is the store charging for the different oils, if you know off the top of your head?

$7.55 per liter that includes 8 percent sales tax in this state. $37.73 5 liters 5w-30 8100 out the door.

Thanks! That's not bad but is more money than I need to spend. Motul's oils must get marked up from importation and/or exportation taxes.

I just had a UOA done on 8100 Xcess 5w40. I'll post it in this forum. Blackstone is also going to do a VOA for me free of charge once I send it in. I'll post results for that when I get them as well.

Haha, it took me years to find a good store that stocked Motul street and race oils in my area.....I liked it so much, I ended up becoming a Partner in the shop and stocked it will all the "good stuff".

I ran the 8100 5w-30 and Biosynthese 5w-40 in the Subaru, UOA looked very good (I have it somewhere), tried some M1 T&S and RP Racing 21 and didn't like the way the engine clattered when started...the Motul seems to "stick" well. Now I am back to the 300V 5w-30, we'll see how it goes.

Two UOA's done on it so far in from the VQ engine. Both the 300V 5W-30 and the 8100 5W-30 sucked. In the same engine M1 0W-40 and Amsoil TSO really did MUCH, MUCH better for the same drain intervals. I'm waiting to see a heavier weight like the 5W-40, but so far I'm not impressed with this oil.

Will

If you want cheap Motul call up the service dept. at South Coast Subaru here in Socal. I got five liters of 8100 Xcess 5w40 for $5.95 each, they also carry the 8100 Eco-nergy 5w30 for the same price.

However, based on my UOA, it didn't do so hot.

Johnbottilaw,

Don't steriotype. It just reflects back on you!

Whenever I visit France, I see that their cars are good for 30,000km (18,750mile) OCI's, and thats using Motul, Elf, Total, Esso and other French made oils.

I don't know of any cars or oils made here with that kind of OCI's.

Yes, I go every two or three years. I always lease a Renault and never had a problem with them yet. The Renault Laguna that I leased the last two times tells me to change oil every 30,000 kilometers. I pick up the car in Paris, then "get out of town" as quick as I can, as I don't like big cities, but I love the French countryside. Last year, I did most of my visiting in the Department of the Drome, and area where there are very few American (or Australian) tourists. Also love the French Alps, visiting Annecy often.
BTW, the last two Lagunas had the best shifting manual transmissions I've ever had. Just like shifting through butter. Great cars that get a bum rap in this country.

BTW, my Australian cousin (Queenslander hic - Brisbane) will be visiting Paris in a couple weeks. I told him to "get out of Paris" and visit the real France. Hope he takes my advice. He is on his "long vacation" that you Australians get every few years, and will tour Scandinavia, France and Italy.

We get Long Service Leave after 10 or 15yrs continous service with one employer. It's 12or 13 weeks on full pay depending on which state you live in. I guess that's what your talking about? Long time before I get LSL unfortunatley. Tks for replying..s

Hey sprintman, next time you go to France, could you send me some, Vin, Huile d'auto, and some croissants for the wife??!?

Hey Dad,

When I first started vacationing in France, back around 1979, I got the "brainstorm idea" that I would buy a case of Motul 2100 which at the time was the better Motorcycle oil sold here in the USA. I discovered two things.
1. What was being sold in the USA as their Motorcycle oil, was just a regular car oil in France. (Did not even know at that time that Motul was also a car oil as it was not sold in the US at that time.
2. The cost of oil over there, no matter if it was Motul or Mobil, or Total, or Elf, or AGIP was out of this world. Whereas a regular oil in the US at that time cost about $1.00 a qt, and a very good oil was no more than $2.00 a qt, and Mobil-1 was about $3.50 a qt. In Europe, the everyday (cheap) oils were more like $7.00 a liter and Motul 2100 was something like $10.00 a liter and Mobil-1 was more like $15.00 a liter.

Needless to say, I nixed the idea of buying over there and bringing it back. I had a friend living in Dijon and one day, I asked him how much did it cost him for an oil change on him BMW 316. (Now remember this was 1989 when an oil change in the US was around $12 to $15). He said it cost him over (the equivilant of) $110.00. I could not believe it. Today, because prices are higher, (not to mention the Dollar/Euro ratio is in the toilet), I know it costs even more, so thats why they go the full 30,000km (18,750miles) between oil changes.

That's sounds a lot like England. I had a lay over at Gatwick Airport while on my way to Paris. I visited the shops that they had there. Now I realize that being a captive audience, pries would be higher than elsewhere off of the beaten path. I was shocked to discover that clothing, trinkets, and liquor that I could buy back home in the US, were actually MORE money where they were made.

Guess that is no different for other things in Europe either. The only things that were more reasonable in France was the wine, the cheeses, breads, and lamb. I fell in love with Paris, but don't think that I could ever afford to live there. Besides, my last two weeks over there, I brought here over for our first "big vacation" together. They lost her luggage, gave her a hard time at customs, screwed up my hotel reservation (Disneyland Paris, after I got done working for them for three months!!!), and wouldn't even let here into the park for free, which being my wife, she was supposed to get. So she never even saw the park while there.

After all of this I asked if she could live there. She just about threw me off of the department store roof cafe that we were visiting for lunch at the time.

I still want to go back...vive Paris!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back