Coleman fuel / white gas /naphtha

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, not the same as Coleman fuel.

Not enough information from the website to determine exactly what it might be.

Sounds like the aromatic free petrol that they produce for aborigilan communities down here.

Sound this on the web

Boy What did I Start? I have seen more rumors and half truths about coleman fuel since I posted that it did work on engines!! Coleman fuel is a very highly refined version of GASOLINE!! it has no additives in it. It comes in sealed metal cans and it stores at least 5 years if you keep it cool and LEAVE IT ALONE till you use it!! It will work in ALL gasoline engines! You mix oil in 2 cycles so that is not a problem] In 4 cycle add 1/2 to 1 oz of ATF or marvel mystery oil per gallon of fuel to provide top cylinder lube. If you want to go one step further get some lead substitute for the old regular burning engines. OK??? Now I am going to provide you with a VERY basic primer on how oil and fuel relate to the cracking (refining) tower. crude oil in: lowest levels give you motor oils then fuel oils here is how it is top to bottom

Lpg (Much more done to refine but you get the Idea) white gasoline Racing gas Av gas Gasoline K1 kerosene kerosene fuel oil #1 fuel oil #2 fuel oil #3 fuel oil # 4 motor oils Ok now there are many other products made at various levels and many other additives are introduced to provide the end products we use but this gives you an Idea as to how the various fuels relate.

NOW if you want to store some Coleman fuel for emergency use GO AHEAD do it! If it burns gas it will burn Coleman! But if you want to use it TRY IT NOW! Don't wait to see if it will work, don't post over and over and over. TRY IT OUT FOR YOURSELF!!!! But don't plan on it being your PRIMARY fuel. you can't possibly store enough to run generators on it. Most of You have NO clue as to how much fuel a gasoline generator really uses. Running a typical gas generator would run you at least 5 gallons per day every day assuning you only ran it 5-6 hours per day! do the math! Store 20 gallons for your chain saw. another 10 for the log spliter. but thats about it. if you need to use some for another reason for a short term use go ahead! but if your looking for LONG TERM CONTInuous use get a DIESEL. car truck generator whatever.

?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back