What Filter For My New '07 Honda Element SC>?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was told FRAM made the Honda oil filters, for vehicles made in the States. A "sticky" here seems to say that, as well. I find that kinda strange
confused.gif

After break-in, the little 4-cylinder will get a steady diet of Royal Purple 5-20. I don't care to skimp of the filter, even if they are the size of a thimble these days.

I have used EVERYTHING on my Police Interceptor, mainly just to try a new brand. I would like to stick with one quality maker for the wife & kid's Element.

The Mobil 1's are nice, but I don't know if they are worth $13!
shocked.gif
I can get WIX for half that, and have never heard bad reports on them. For that matter, have we really even had any bad feedback on the Wally World house filters? They sure feel solid enough. I have noticed a new E-core design on some. Thoughts?
confused.gif

So, what would your choice be??? Thanks as usual!
smile.gif

ufo.gif

I just bought a "Honda" filter for my Acura. Plainly stamped on the filter is Honeywell, which is FRAM.......I will use NAPA Gold the next time.

When buying a Honda OEM Fram there's a difference between that filter and the one you purchase from Wally's Orange Wall of Doom. Just like MotorCraft's F400S is different than Purolator's part number ..even though it's made by Purolator.

Naturally, I have selfish reasons for recommending EaO filters ..but if you're not someone to get the value out of them, then I wouldn't necessarily recommend them ..nor M1. If you're going to use them for an extended mileage ...or mulitple OCIs ..then sure. Otherwise, a Wix or a PureOne are just fine ..and anywhere down the line. I like ST filters and have used them with confidence many times.

regular oci (5k) = wix for $4 a filter

extended oci (10k and under) = wix

really long oci's, like 15k miles or more = eao

Lots of choices for you out there
smile.gif

I have yet to pick up my new SC, so I haven't had a chance to even see what their OCI is!!!
dunno.gif
pat2.gif

Is it 5K
confused.gif
Like on my mom's new Camry?

Anyone??? Thanks!
grin.gif

My opinion is that as long as you change your oil & filter as recommended by the manufacturer, it makes absolutely no difference which oil filter you use. Your engine will last just as long running a $3.50 Fram as it will on an expensive Amsoil Eao.

Personally, I use Wix & Motorcraft on my two vehicles. I have no doubt that cheap Frams or ST E-Cores would work just as well.

My new Element would get an OEM filter from the dealer. Filter manufactures make oil filters for lots of different vehicles and a Fram made filter for a Honda may have much higher requirements than the off the shelf WalMarts Fram.

See if you can find any leftover Honda A01 Filtechs. It's what Honda used before they switched to Honeywell/Fram. And as RAMEX said, the HAMP filters are great too (but a bit more expensive). I've used a lot of different filters on my car though, and I haven't noticed much of a difference. Using a $2.42 Supertech I had .3 insolubles. I've also used Honda A01 (currently), Valvoline, and Napa Gold filters. I have in my stash just about every brand you could think of, and I'm going to try them all
smile.gif

Last edited:
I am using Nippon filters on my Civic. They seem really well built for the price. I take it they use the same model filter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back