Osram Silvertstar H1 (clear)

Status
Not open for further replies.
They are for my fog lights. I paid 10 Euros 20 cents per bulb. Those are the brightest 55W H1 bulbs I've yet seen.

silverstarH1.jpg

This is the bulb my car takes, I wonder how much brighter the Euro spec is, has to good since it's illegal here...

How about failure rates. I sell Silverstars in the U.S.. I have a 50% failure rate within 3 months!! Wagner TrueVues are not as bright, but failure rate is %1 11

Quote:

failure rate is %1 11

What does "one percent eleven" mean?

Osram Silverstars last as long as other premium bulbs. I was running two pairs of Osram Silverstars (2x low and 2x high beam, all H7) for over 3 years. without any failure.

If what I commonly hear about failure rates of Sylvania Silverstars is true, I would not buy them, even if there were a clear version.

Is the wattage different than U.S. Spec? Is there a wiring upgrade needed for these European bulbs? I use H7 and 9007.

Sorry for replying only now. The Euro version has the same wattage (see box in my picture). H1, H3, H7 and most other bulbs are limited to 55W, with H4 being the exception (55/65 W).

These are supposed to be brighter due to the lack of the blue coating. Theyve been working OK for me but I need HIDs. Anyone have example pics?

I know I'm coming late to this, but I been using Narva Rangepower H1 50 in my 2004 Subaru Impreza WRX since early 2005. My left one finally burned out. I don't think that's too bad after putting on about 30K miles over 30+ months, in a car with low-beam daytime running lights. I bought 4, so I'll install the replacement tonight. They were about $11 each from Daniel Stern Lighting.

I bought some Orsram Silverstars back in 2004 from DS Lighting. I had an unfortunate accident (no serious injuries thankfully) which destroyed the lamp assembly. Then, the packaging was two in this cardboard display covered with a clear plastic cover. I think DS considers them to be equivalent in quality and function.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back