amsoil

Status
Not open for further replies.

tdi jerry

$100 Site Donor 2024
from what t read here sounds as amsoil is one of the better oils on the market ? i have been useing mobil 1 for over twenty years. i am just trying to keep up with whats going on with oil ?
confused.gif
usa2.gif
any info would be helpfull.
ooo.gif

Amsoil is a multi-level marketing company, with a variety of high end synthetic oils, synthetic greases, and many other additives, filters, and other car care products. One has to weigh the cost/benefits of the products against the benefits of extended oil change intervals, the benefits of low and high temperature operating conditions, etc. Amsoil claims up to 35,000 mile-or one year OCIs "non-severe service" with some of the engine oils, and about half that mileage in "severe service" conditions. From a cost standpoint, anyone not using the long time/mileage OCIs would be better off with quality, but less expensive synthetic or petroleum products, and conforming to more traditional mfg. suggested change intervals. Amsoil has a corporate web site available for perusal.

Quote:

From a cost standpoint, anyone not using the long time/mileage OCIs would be better off with quality, but less expensive synthetic or petroleum products, and conforming to more traditional mfg. suggested change intervals

Couldn't agree more. If you don't take advantage of the long drain capability, it's not worth using any synthetic unless you live in Alaska or have a Turbo.
wink.gif

I've finally taken my own advice and am using Havoline DS 5w-20.
grin.gif

Amsoil is an ever improving company. The amazing thing to me is the products not only keep up with changing demands for lubricants, they excel even my demands. For, example some folks thought Amsoil would be toast by the API limits of P at 800 ppm. Nope - they just release their best oils ever. Amsoil is ahead of the curve with the new HDEO for new vehicles needing an oil for low sulfur diesel fuels: DEO - HDEO - the filters are superb - the new 0W-20 took awhile to get to the market - why because Amsoil wanted to test it extra long. Anyway - please check out the site and feel free to ask me questions off line.

Quote:

The amazing thing to me is the products not only keep up with changing demands for lubricants, they excel even my demands. For, example some folks thought Amsoil would be toast by the API limits of P at 800 ppm. Nope - they just release their best oils ever. Amsoil is ahead of the curve with the new HDEO for new vehicles needing an oil for low sulfur diesel fuels: DEO - HDEO - the filters are superb - the new 0W-20 took awhile to get to the market - why because Amsoil wanted to test it extra long.

I completely agree. Only about 2-3 years ago, I saw very little difference in Amsoil compared to M1 or any other synthetic but their oils have come along way IMO and are among the best if not the best for many applications.(Mostly extended drains) API SM has improved oil quality quite a bit. Amsoil has never made better products from I've seen over the last 5 years.

It seems to be a given now that AMSOIL is a very good product.
I have more and more new customers wanting to use it. My retails are going through more products.
The # one thing that has helped people to here about and understand what AMSOIL is about are forums like this one.
Thank you BITOG.

Amsoil posts stats aplenty on their products - much appreciated information for some of us. Their EaO oil filter now the concensus champion (for the time being, anyway). High expense stuff, unless you calculate per mile costs. I don't sell Amsoil products, but I will buy them because of their (perceived) quality. Their website has good info. The Amsoil site sponsors on here provide a great deal of their time answering our endless questions/comments/criticisms.

I agree with others that Amsoil makes excellent oil & filters. But don't assume just assume you can dump in their oil and go 25K miles without an oil or filter change. You need to do your homework and do UOAs.

Quote:

Quote:

From a cost standpoint, anyone not using the long time/mileage OCIs would be better off with quality, but less expensive synthetic or petroleum products, and conforming to more traditional mfg. suggested change intervals

Couldn't agree more. If you don't take advantage of the long drain capability, it's not worth using any synthetic unless you live in Alaska or have a Turbo.
wink.gif

I've finally taken my own advice and am using Havoline DS 5w-20.
grin.gif

I would also agree.

Except now I'm back to extended drains, hence the Amsoil. Otherwise, short 5k with any SM oil.
grin.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back