Power Service Oil Extender??

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought I saw a post about it...anyone know how it stands up?? I figure it is probably the STP of the diesel world...

I bought the last bottle at TSC last night (hopefully remembering it was thought to be a good additive)...I am wondering if they have quit manufacturing it since it probably doesn't meet 2007 EPA requirements...

steved

Thanks, I knew I had seen it before, just didn't find it doing my search...must not have been using the correct terms..

steved

It's not looking good, they don't even currently list it on their site...

steved

I know going into the links of the previous post has it historically, but they don't list it on their current site.

I guess what I'm saying is while they haven't broken the link yet, there is no current link directly from their site...they only list fuel additives now...

steved

Here is PowerService Customer Support's answer to my inquisition on where to buy it:

Dear Steve:

Thank you for contacting Power Service Products, Inc. Diesel Lube Oil Extender is a product that has been discontinued and will not be replaced by another product. Power Service has chosen to focus on its core business – additives for diesel fuel.

I wish I had a better answer for you.

Please let me know if I can be of additional assistance.

Sincerely,

Mandy Storm

I feel we can now put this to rest since the only stock of PS Oil Extender will be old stock that hasn't been sold. As I said, probably due to EPA changes (like the CJ-4 oils)...

steved

FWIW, my Walmart has about 5 3-qt jugs of this stuff in the clearance section (not in the oil section) but still marked $18 with an orange clearance tag.

Quote:

FWIW, my Walmart has about 5 3-qt jugs of this stuff in the clearance section (not in the oil section) but still marked $18 with an orange clearance tag.

Yeah, mine still has them for $12 or so....

Quote:

IT's now marked $9 per 3-qt jug. Still 6 jugs left.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back