Trumped for best laugh Pennzoil slams and more

Status
Not open for further replies.
Posted on volvospeed.com, guy also insists that mixing Amsoil and something called Tufoil (oil additive) gives 8 MPG more fuel economy. Says Pennzoil is to be avoided like the plague.

Here it is:
crushedcar.gif
tombstone.gif
deadhorse.gif

Sorry here is the body of the comments

I say use synthetix whenever you feel like it.

But be prepared to lose some compression as the synthetic oil cleans your engine. Using petroleum oil creates sludge build-up that actually helps retain cylinder compression. Switching to synthetix has a neat way of clearing out that sludge and the compression value created by sludge.

It's better to switch as soon as possible rather than allow the engine to become dependant on sludge simply to have compression.

I use Amsoil Euro 5w30 and Tufoil engine additive. I switched my XC70 at 52k about three months ago when I purchased the car.

It runs like a dream and MPG increased from 18.3 to 26.

Not all synthetix are better than petrol oil. Avoid Pennzoil like the plague.

Castrol Syntec is very good, but burns off easy. It cleans extremely well.

I always recommend Amsoil and Tufoil. Amsoil was the first to sell automotive synthetix back in 1972. They know it better than anyone else.

Tufoil holds the Guiness World record for being the slipperiest (sp?) substance known to man. In a test against 60 other oil additives in the four-ball wear test, all other products burned up into smoke under 6 minutes. Tufoil lasted 16 days.

With synthetix, your main concern will shift to how good your filtration is, more so than oil longevity.

Good luck.

Didn't even know Tufoil made engine oil additives. I have been using their Gun Coat gun lubricant for years and it seems to work great. I get the little Gun Coat lubricant oil pens at the local gun dealer. Not sure about their other "snake oils".
smile.gif

Maybe you broke the code... he is putting the gun lubricant in the car for a "shot in the arm" for the engine. How else can you get an extra 8 MPG for milage. I think we solved the energy crisis.

From what I saw on their site the main additives in their product are PTFE and soluble moly.

Not all synthetix are better than petrol oil.

Here's another guy that doesn't that PAOs come from petroleum. It not some magic stuff made in the lab, its light petroleum stocks that are specially refined to create a product with equal sized molecules.

I thought PAO's werent refined they were built from a gas?
vs the super duper refined type ie group III

I've got to g-g-get some ssssssludge. P-p-p-pass the Ppp-p-ennzoil puh-puh-pug-please!

What a fargin DUH.. Get there and disrupt his flow of thought before someone believes the knucklehead. Gotta link? I'll be happy to stir..
stirthepot.gif

TufOil is a PFTE (teflon) oil additive. It claims to suspend telfon particles permanently by charging the particles so they don't clump together. I used it a few times in my motor oil, but found no difference in MPG after using it with M1 for a couple of years. I quit using it out of fear of it clogging my oil filter and galleys. Some folks pointed out that while "charged" particles, if they exist at all, will repel each other, there's no reason they won't be attracted to iron and result in clogged oil galleys. With no other compelling evidence that it helped anything, I stopped using it for engine oil. I do still use it as an additive for differential oil where there's no LSD present. That use seems to work fine with noticeably less metal on the drain magnets. In general, I have a hard time believing 8 mpg when I never saw so much as 1 mpg across 2 different cars for over 3 OCIs.

Are we really having a Tufoil discussion? I'll sit this one out. I've gotta go add some Slick50 to my car real quick.
pat2.gif

The "X" I've used is from old English. The "X" was used to signify plurality thus creating a grammatical efficiency.
Sorry to have offended you all by ending words with an "X".

Actually you would offend more people by now claiming you have removed a K and N air filter and suffered a decrease in gas milage of 3.2 MPG. Impossible to say the least. So you are now saying Tufoil, Amsoil oil, with K and N air filter and a gas treatment gives you over 8 MPG increase.
You have saved the planet. Face it, getting 19 on Your Volvo sucks to begin with. Getting 25 MPG is what stock gets you.
Why don't you give great detail on your MPG increases and fantastic results with Tufoil (particulate Hydrogen Floride (teflon))
Save the planet, talk to Allen Walker...
That stuff just doesn't fly over here on BITOG. By and large this is a pretty sharp bunch of people that really don't believe in snake oil and wild unsubstaniated claims. Still waiting for one person to agree with you!!!

Still waiting for the firestorm you promised last night.

All I hear is crickets chirping. Good job.

AllenWalker,

I ask this in all seriousness; In your opinion, what makes Pennzoil synthetic oil so bad that it should be avoided like the plague, and why do you think Syntec is great?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back