Sewing machine oil.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm working on an old Singer industrial overlocker for my daughter.It's been sitting for a few years,so I'm just giving it a clean up and getting it going again.The oil is a bit low - so what sort of oil do they take?Sewing machine oil is not on my suppliers list.What is sewing machine oil....and what is the nearest thing I can find to it?

You can buy Singer branded sewing machine oil at Wal-mart. Otherwise an iso-10 or iso-22 spindle oil is the pretty much the same thing (like Mobil Velocite)

No Walmart here.Thanks guys,I'll get some hydraulic oil...just a bit difficult at this time of year.I'll use some compressor oil to top it up,then change it when the world starts again.

Click HERE to download a free service manual for your industrial. Mama Bear has a 251 and we buy lily white oil from a Singer repair depot for the crankcase. Hope this helps.
canada.gif

This machine is not listed there,I'm having a bit of trouble finding any info on it.It's a 990 E10,Made in Great Britain in 1974.It's got some pretty rugged build quality compared to a home model,the machine is small,but it's like picking up an anvil.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back