Stihl Chainsaw Not Oiling

My MS 192 TC chainsaw is not oiling. When the bar is off, oil comes out when the machine is running, but it doesn't oil when put together. Oil port not sealing against bar? Any ideas? I'm also heading to YouTube to do some research.

That's the thing. When the cover and bar are out of the way, oil comes out when I rev it. The oil pump is working, but oil isn't getting out to the bar. Weird. Everything is very clean, and the oil hose isn't clogged. It's just not getting on the bar.

Dumb question time, but run a wire through the oil passage on the bar? Is the bar reversible or is it upside down? Is there a non-factory bar plate that interferes with the oil path? Is the factory bar plate (if it even has one) missing?

Well, tomorrow, after it dries, I'll try this. If it doesn't work, I'm going to assume the oil pump is tired and not shooting enough oil out of the port. Like they say, it's only dumb if it doesn't work... Now I wonder if this saw has an adjustment to increase oil flow like my Farm Boss does.

IMG_6516.JPG

IMG_6517.JPG

It actually worked putting a bit of permatex on each side to help seal the bar against the outlet. Just not enough. Ordered a new pump today. Whoo Hoo!

You could also have a plugged strainer in the tank. Blow back through the line to the tank to clear it.

Permatex won't be doing anything if there is nothing broken or assembled wrong.

You could also have a plugged strainer in the tank. Blow back through the line to the tank to clear it.

Permatex won't be doing anything if there is nothing broken or assembled wrong.
This was my thought as well. Permatex would only make a difference if the bar or bar mount was warped. How old is the bar? Has the saw ever gotten pinched or damaged? From the picture where I can see part of the bar, the surfaces of it are blue in color, so it has definitely been overheated for a period of time.

Back