Think I should get an analysis? ;) (pic)

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, I'm not being serious. No analysis needed here, I think
frown.gif

SparklyOil1.jpg

Engine has been dying a slow death. It's an A15 powered DAtsun 210, which has been getting Rotella. I'm pretty sure the engine has gone about 4000 miles like this...only now is it starting to show any issues. I didn't bother to fix it immediately because the engine was already very tired, and I'm probably going to just pull it out and swap in something else.

Still, thought some of the people here might want to see my oil drain pic.

My old man uses Rotella 15w40 in his 2001 Dodge Diesel. At 160,000miles I looked in the oil filler with a flash light, its very clean. He changes it every 6000 miles.
smile.gif

You need an image of a magnetic drain plug wearing a beard to really have the full impact realized here. It would add just the right touch to the presentation.
grin.gif

Quote:

You need an image of a magnetic drain plug wearing a beard to really have the full impact realized here. It would add just the right touch to the presentation.
grin.gif

laugh.gif
grin.gif
That wouldn't be a bad idea. I wonder what I'm going to find next summer/whenever when I tear this bad boy down and see what happened.

offtopic.gif

I hate those cheap walmart oil drain pans like in this pic. I spilled oil out of it when it was in my storage

Same here Cutehumor, but it does hold a lot of oil, which is why I had bought mine when I had a car that held 7qts of oil so I wouldn't have to dump it every time.

I like my Wal-Mart pan. Except I've forgotten once or twice to take the plug out of the middle
blush.gif

I'm still trying to decide if I should just rebuild the engine I have, or swap something else in and sell my transmission to a Spridget guy so he can do a Rivergate conversion.

Quote:

I had nothing to do with it. I say we swap in a SBC.

You know the reason this is happening, don't you?

That bunny we ran over with it in Wyoming is getting his revenge!!

And a small block Chevy in this thing would result in a flaming bucket of suicidal death
laugh.gif

Actually I thought it was just debris from the undercarriage or that was already in the pan. Mine looks like that sometimes. I better take a closer look I guess, make sur the pan is clean before i drain next time.

I can't really see a sparkle in the pic.

But I have a cross member under my drain plug, so there can be dirt on there that gets rinsed into the drain pan. Still I will double check next time.

Oh, it's sparklin.

I hacked up one of my old oil filters from this car...it had metal in it too (sorry guys, the pics seem to have been deleted from my mom's digicam)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back