International FIlter searching?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am wondering if there is any way to find out a car's filter thread and pitch in some country other than the states that can search by engine or car model number?

I dunno
confused.gif
It's way easier to get the number off of the OEM filter and figure it from there.
dunno.gif

I'll try to get a number off of a filter at the home center or spy on the filter on the car. It seems that the car shares an engine with the Suzuki Cappucino, and they can be had in England.

Last edited:
Filter pulled up as a WL7119 on the WIX Europe site, but doesn't cross on the US site. Engine number is a F6A 660cc Engine, and is in several Suzuki and Mazda cars.

This may be it
confused.gif
:

This is for the F6A-T engine

MAZDA
GF-HN11S

F6A-T

P502024

Representative Image

Click to view larger image LUBE SPIN-ON FULL FLOW

Application Details

View Product Line Drawing

Purchase this Product:

Quantity

Lube Filters Product Attributes
A - OD (Inches): 2.68
B - Thread Size (Inches): 3/4-16
C - Length (Inches): 2.56
D - Gasket OD (Inches): 2.56
E - Gasket ID (Inches): 2.2
Relief Valve Setting (PSI): 11-17
Anti Drain Valve (Y/N): Yes
Product Type Description: LUBE SPIN-ON FULL FLOW
Primary Application: BRIGGS & STRATON 492932,
Primary Application 2: SUZUKI, DAIHATSU, MAZDA

This crosses to a:

Part Number: 51056
UPC Number: 765809510562
Principal Application: Various Lawn + Garden Equip. + Small Tractors w/ Kolher, Lister, Hatz, Kawasaki Engines
All Applications
Style: Spin-On Lube Filter
Service: Lube
Type: Full Flow
Media: Paper
Height: 2.707
Outer Diameter Top: 2.921
Outer Diameter Bottom: Closed
Thread Size: 3/4-16
By-Pass Valve Setting-PSI: 8-11
Anti-Drain Back Valve: Yes
Burst Pressure-PSI: 325
Max Flow Rate: 7-9 GPM
Nominal Micro Rating: 19

Gasket Diameters
Number O.D. I.D. Thk.
Attached 2.734 2.430 0.226

The gaskets, and diameter, are slightly different.

Buy a 20x1.5 mm bolt from the hardware store and see if it threads onto a used filter. That seems to be a pretty popular size for Mazda, Nissan, Honda, Kia, Hyundai, Daewoo, Mitsubishi, Subaru.......If the bolt fits, you'll have plenty of options(oversized/brands) to chose from.

Undummy, I am looking for the orginal part number, and then i want to convert it over to 3/4 by 16 for a sandwich adapter. My car is getting worked over with filters and ARX because I am staying another year here in Japan. I will either pick up some bolts, english should be rough to come by, but i will try, or, i have a AA3600 and a AA7317 at my apartment, I may just try it the old fashioned way and thread one on when the oil change comes to see what works.
Gary, I will check the books here and see if the F6A and F6A-T have the same filter. I can't see why they wouldn't, but, well, you can never be too certain. If it is indeed a 3/4 by 16, I can use a smaller adpater and have more room for filter. Hopefully the base on the block is wide enough to support the sandwich adapter.

Last edited:
Here! Play with this a little. You may recognize a few things that I can't. It's not the most user friendly utility. I tried Zuki first ..but didn't find the right engine ..then I went to Mazda. The F6 engine is a 1.6 liter and uses the 18mmx1.5 (iirc) ..bht F6A-T (no F6A) seemed about the right displacement for your application
dunno.gif

FWIW, pal
smile.gif

It's a 660cc engine, but what you posted Gary looks like what I found on the Europe site. I talked to my teachers here, and evidently the japanese have three different ways of measuring bolts. Yah for streamlining. I will see what I can do tomorrow. There is a turbo engine(my guess for the T at the end) that is used in the cappucino, and the "Turbo Intercooler" Wagon R's and AZ Wagons.

A - OD (Inches): 3.15
B - Thread Size (Inches): 3/4-16
C - Length (Inches): 2.95
D - Gasket OD (Inches): 2.48
E - Gasket ID (Inches): 2.03
Relief Valve Setting (PSI): 11-17
Anti Drain Valve (Y/N): Yes

Took a picture of the filter box and it's vehicles. This filter and the other engines cross to a 3/4*16 with a 2.1-2.4 gasket or a 2.4-2.8 gasket. with a 11-19 crossing in the Donaldson website.

Well, looks like you'll have a variety of filters to choose from. This is the most popular thread size ..apparently in the world. It seems that everyone can work with the slight differences in gasket size.

I am suprised to see the 3/4 thread too. I stuck the AA3600 down where the filter is, and I think that it can physically fit, but I don't know if both the filter and the sandwich will get down there, I will have to find a shorter 3/4 filter.

AA3614 should work. There are also thinner sandwich adapters available on ebay. They aren't as cheap as a permacool ..but they're thinner.

I have the 189, and was looking at the 181 which is 1". I will take a look at the others ones. Were you by chance referring to the transadapt ones?

Quote:

I have the 189, and was looking at the 181 which is 1". I will take a look at the others ones. Were you by chance referring to the transadapt ones?

If you go to tmvtaylor at ebaystores.com ..he has thinner sandwich adapters. He rocks you on S&H ..but he's a magnet for this sorta stuff.

Gary, the Permacool at PRM-181 shows 1", and the tmvtaylor shows a chebby that is 1", but the rest are the same size as the universal permacool model prm-189 I have.

Correction. I found a prm-181 but he wants more for it, and his shipping is higher.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back