The Good Year Assurance Triple Treks are on!

Status
Not open for further replies.
First let me say the tires are perfect.
Tire Rack has come through for the fifth time for me without a problem.
The tires were delivered to a Tire Rack recommended installer near my house in two days.
$80 for the install.

The GY Assurance Triple Treds are directional which provides better handling.
Haven't really tested them out as I just drove back from the install shop.
Seems like a nice tire.
The install shop guys were impressed with the tire design.
They said the Aqua III GY's tread was flat so when the tire worn down a bit water wouldn't be diverted away like when they were new.
These tires have a angled tread design or something so the tread will disperse water much longer.
I was told these tires will be better than now after about 500 miles.
They also said the price is very,very good at $77 per.

quote:

Originally posted by Colt:
First let me say the tires are perfect. I was told these tires will be better than now after about 500 miles.

After how long did you deduct this impression/observation?
Sounds like you just got them (or did I get the wrong impression?)
I thought "ok, these tires were a good buy" with the Yoko AVS decibles I got, but only after I had them on for about 5000 miles, and found nothing wrong with them at that point, after "testing" them in various weather/driving conditions; They now have about 15k miles on them, I think.
They did feel great also when I first drove with them, but then most tires do feel perfect right after you get them.

quote:

Originally posted by 97tbird:

quote:

Originally posted by Colt:
First let me say the tires are perfect. I was told these tires will be better than now after about 500 miles.

After how long did you deduct this impression/observation?
Sounds like you just got them (or did I get the wrong impression?)
I thought "ok, these tires were a good buy" with the Yoko AVS decibles I got, but only after I had them on for about 5000 miles, and found nothing wrong with them at that point, after "testing" them in various weather/driving conditions; They now have about 15k miles on them, I think.
They did feel great also when I first drove with them, but then most tires do feel perfect right after you get them.

My bad.
Maybe I should clarify what I meant.
The tires are in perfect condition.
Some have said that they've had problems buying tires through Tire Rack.

ohhhh...oK. I thought you judged them too early
smile.gif

sorry.

I agree with you. TireRack does a good job, and i'll trust them again in the future.
one of my tires were out of round, and they replaced it within 4 days, without a single question.
Nice people, prompt service, and they NEVER tried to sell me something more expensive. I WAS going to buy a more expensive tire, but the guy recommended me the less costly Yoko's.

I recommend them.

quote:

Originally posted by 97tbird:
ohhhh...oK. I thought you judged them too early
smile.gif

sorry.

I agree with you. TireRack does a good job, and i'll trust them again in the future.
one of my tires were out of round, and they replaced it within 4 days, without a single question.
Nice people, prompt service, and they NEVER tried to sell me something more expensive. I WAS going to buy a more expensive tire, but the guy recommended me the less costly Yoko's.

I recommend them.

smile.gif

I mentioned I bought these tires from Tire Rack on a Toyota forum and a few said Tire Rack buying is not a smart move.
They don't help if you have a tire problem etc.
I've never had a problem with them.
If they were that bad,they'd be out of business.
The local TR recommended installer had 4 customers so far this week with Tire Rack orders.
I asked if it bothered them that people buy Tires at TR and they just do the install.
They said the install is easy quick money and they don't mind at all.

goodyear as a company is having lots of problems- accounting issues aka Enron restating earnings, labor troubles, stock dropping from $50 to $5, etc.
I am afraid this will affect tire quality and I do not buy Goodyear

quote:

Originally posted by edwardh1:
goodyear as a company is having lots of problems- accounting issues aka Enron restating earnings, labor troubles, stock dropping from $50 to $5, etc.
I am afraid this will affect tire quality and I do not buy Goodyear

You have made some valid points.
However I researched these Good Year Triple Tred tires and the reviews were excellent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back