John Deere Oils

Status
Not open for further replies.
What kind of car/engine/racing are we talking about?
The dark color of the oil is because it's a diesel oil. Not to worry.
As for the 0W50.........I would think you are using the 5W40 Plus 50.
Which is a GroupIII synthetic. It is a very good oil as oil's of this group go.

you are correct 5W40 Plus 50 We are running a ump mod small block chevy wet sump 18 degree heads turning 8000 rpms

Now yoy have really confused me. What I understand is that group III synthetic is not a real synthetic oil only a highly refined dino oil? Then which brand of oils are PAO mor ester based oils?

I would change the oil after a weekend of racing with those kinds of RPM's.
Since this is a 5W40 I'm not sure how stable the VI Improvers are. This oil could shear back pretty fast since it is designed for a 2000rpm tractor engine.
I know from what my soninlaw has told me that JD has done a lot of field testing of their oils and as such are designed for farm tractors with veering rpm,s.
No saying alls this an oil anyalisis would give you the real story of how often to change the oil.

I recently picked up a John Deere dealership as a sponsor. He brought us some oil to use. The synethic ow-50w oil seems to be picked up some horsepower. Anyone tested or know anything about it? Second, the conventional oil he brought is black in color when you pour it from the bottle. Does anyone know why? Maybe moly additive? Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back