PNZL GLD 5w30 TDS: pre and post Dexos1Gen2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: wemay
Originally Posted By: Virtus_Probi
SOPUS is being very slow about updated the PDS for the Gen 2 Gold 5W30...it's been on the shelves around here for a while!

Hi Virtus_Probi, it can be found here...
http://www.epc.shell.com/

Hey wemay, hope you and yours are doing great!
Thanks for the link...if I go through the Pennzoil website, I still see the 2011 version. I guess I see similar issues with XOM Gen 2 oils not having their PDS links properly updated, even though the new info is there if you search hard enough.

SOPUS is being very slow about updated the PDS for the Gen 2 Gold 5W30...it's been on the shelves around here for a while!

Hi Virtus_Probi, it can be found here...
http://www.epc.shell.com/

Hey wemay, hope you and yours are doing great!
Thanks for the link...if I go through the Pennzoil website, I still see the 2011 version. I guess I see similar issues with XOM Gen 2 oils not having their PDS links properly updated, even though the new info is there if you search hard enough.

All is fantastic my friend! I hope the same for you and yours.
Our first born came into the world on Nov 28th. So we are over the moon....and sleepy. Lol

All is fantastic my friend! I hope the same for you and yours.
Our first born came into the world on Nov 28th. So we are over the moon....and sleepy. Lol

Great news! I am very happy for you and your family.
My life was totally different after we had our daughter, but the change was for the better. She just started college this fall.
Catch some sleep whenever you can!

...here are Quaker State Synthetic blends / dexos1Gen2

5W20

0W20

and 5W30

...here are Quaker State Synthetic blends / dexos1Gen2

5W20

0W20

and 5W30

Yes looks like over 95% of the people could us 5w-30 and their motor would never know!

“Our first born came into the world on Nov 28th. So we are over the moon....and sleepy.”

Congratulations on the new baby. That’s great news indeed.

Originally Posted By: PimTac

“Our first born came into the world on Nov 28th. So we are over the moon....and sleepy.”

Congratulations on the new baby. That’s great news indeed.

Thank you PimTac
happy2.gif

QSUD 5W30 PDS at the epc online repository still does not reflect the d1G2 product!
I'm very curious to see how this one compares to Pennzoil Gold and PPPP 5W30.

D92 vs D93, yes.

Learning about this on here was an eye opener for me, XOM uses D92 and makes it hard to compare them to SOPUS, for example...I guess that 254C flashpoint for M1 5W30 ESP is not quite as impressive as I had thought. I'm sure the difference for D92 vs. D93 depends somewhat upon what is being tested and have seen guesses at deltas between 3 and 20C online.

I know it's an old thread, but the wife's 2018 Santa Fe SE just received it's first oil change at the Hyundai dealer. Pennzoil Gold 5w30 is what the Hyundai dealer is using for oil change services. Never used Pennzoil before but the Pennzoil gold spec seems pretty good for a syn blend.

Originally Posted By: M1256
I know it's an old thread, but the wife's 2018 Santa Fe SE just received it's first oil change at the Hyundai dealer. Pennzoil Gold 5w30 is what the Hyundai dealer is using for oil change services. Never used Pennzoil before but the Pennzoil gold spec seems pretty good for a syn blend.

A few of us here thought the numbers that SOPUS shared online looked really good for a syn blend!

I agree. Pennzoil Gold is good stuff. The current TDS (posted in this thread bare that out). I'd be satisfied with that in my sump.

I'm going to bump this thread again because I'm hoping one of the Pennzoil/Shell folks might see this. Where is the Pennzoil Gold? I've looked at two Walmarts nearby, Autozone, and O'reilly and it's not on the shelves of any of them. It's also not available in 5 quart jugs on Amazon either, fwiw. I'm used to not being able to find the Ultra Platinum, but it's weird that I can't find this at any store nearby.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back