Amsoil AIO and 2 Cycle Racing oil

Status
Not open for further replies.
A couple of years ago I e-mailed Amsoil and asked them what was the proper oil to run in my 200 EFI Mercury. They replied that the AIO was the proper oil. Now for my dilema, when reading Action News they advertised a Father/Son tournament fishing duo. Guess what oil they were advertising for a 225 EFI Mercury? Amsoil's 2 Cycle Racing oil. What would be the proper oil for my 200 EFI Mercury, the AIO or the 2 Cycle Racing Oil? Can the 2 Cycle Racing oil be added to the AIO for warm weather operation?

[ October 01, 2002, 12:33 AM: Message edited by: 59 Vetteman ]

Good question. Currently I am running the AIO oil in my 115 Johnson, with less smoke than Mercury Quicksilver. Here are some specs

Flashpoint - AIO 198F Racing - 230F
Viscocity at 100C - AIO 7.5 Racing - 8.3
Pour Point - AIO -43F Racing - -44F

-Joe

Vetteman-
You can use either. The guy who owns the Saab/Volvo shop and works on my cars started with the AIO in his Johnson. When the TCR came out, he changed over. Says he noticed a bit more horsepower. He doesn't mind the additional cost.

vetteman,

You have to look at the price to performance ratio. Since 2 cycle engines consume oil, what would it cost you use use TCR vs. AIO??

What would be the benifits of using TCR over AIO?? I would say not much for a general purpose application. Now if you were racing, or doing fishing tournements where you need every oz of HP and the cost is of no concern, go with the TCR. If you want a top quality synthetic 2 cycle oil at a great price, use AIO!!

Hope this helps
patriot.gif

Thanks for all the replys. This engine gets a good work out during the year. I start fishing tournaments in January and end in November. I average over 48 each year. Some are night tournaments in the summer also. My average run is 8 miles each way, full power. Some are over 26 miles each way.
Can I mix Amsoil AIO and the 2 Cycle racing, or is this a bad idea.

"but the TCR gives a bit more horsepower "
I would like to see proof of that. The idea that synthetics can provide increase in hp is a novel idea, but has never been scientificly proven.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back