Pennzoil 15w-40 good or is Rotella better?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am thinking of running the Pennz in the CB550 that I am currently building/chopping. What is the deal with it as opposed to Rotella or Delo Delvac?

I have seen a few oil analysis's,it is a very impressive package!!!!!!!!! Right on par with the other top dog 15/40 S.
Keith
("LET'S JUST RIDE")

Shell owns Pennzoil, and the inside word is that the Pennzoil Long Life 15W40 and the Rotella are basically the same.

We haven't been able to tell any difference in UOA's at work between the two oils. The viscosities and add packs look much the same after 25,000 miles (in large truck engines).

Either one would be great. Get what's cheapest.
smile.gif

Dan

I would use the Rotella because the VOA for the Pennzoil long life says it has a good dose of moly. That could be bad for the clutch.

The LL used to have moly. New reports don't show the moly, and the add pack mimicks Rotella. That's what has led folks to think that Shell changed the formula of PZ LL after they bought Pennzoil/Quaker State.

Dan

Have you looked at Chevron Delo or Mobil Delvac? I ran Delo 15W-40 in a 82 Kawasaki 1100 for over a 100k miles. Still ran like new when I sold it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back