Amsoil motorcycle filter?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does AMSoil make oil filters to fit motorcycles? New generation Suzuki SV 650 to be specific.
cool.gif

Well it shows a SMF-109 for the '99 - '02 SV650. I doesn't show a filter for the '03 and newer (second generation). I'll have to find out if this will work on the newer bike and not just assume it will.

I bet it does fit, call the suzuki dealer and ask if it uses the same filter. I change my motorcycle oil quite often and also use amsoil filters since Honda wants about 17.00 for there filter!

I use most Amsoil products BUT the MC filters. The one I got for my VFR just felt and looked cheap compared to the Honda OEM unit. It was lighter and I could dent (crush) it real easy compared to the OEM. Plus, the local dealer sells the stock Honda filters for about $7 bucks - same as the cost for the Amsoil filter. BTW - I use the Amsoil 20/50 and the tranny really loves it!!

Yes the 109 is the same filter.

I have 2 sitting here at the house, since I own a 2003 SV650S. (That is for sale BTW).

The Amsoil SMF filters Boast 20% more effeciency and 100% more capacity than stock filters.

They can be used for extended drain in a motorcycle application.

quote:

Originally posted by LVHospiceRN:
I just checked oil filters for my 99 FXSTC, including shipping, $17.xx!!!

If i wanted to get ripped off, i could stop by the Harley Stealership!!!

darrell
sin city

I could tell you that. It's not worth ordering just 1 filter. Now if you order a case of oil and a couple of filters, the price of the shipping per filter is like $.66 Then it's reasonable. Otherwise it's a waste.

Same with just ordering 4 quarts of oil. Shipping will increase the price dramatically.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back