new bike

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everyone has their favorite way to break a motor in. On the last bike I but together I ran the cams in just like I would a car then did the following. I took it out and rode it along at about 3K in 3rd gear then snapped the throttle open and shifted at 9,500 and ran 4th to 10,000. Then I let it wind down. After three or four times I loaded it on the trailer and went drag racing. The bike is a street bike these days and still runs very well.

Really just ride it and have fun. Don't idle it for to long or hold a steady speed with it for to long and the bike will love you for it. What I do is harsh but the motor is run in fast and the rings are well seated. Everything else still needs to mate up good over time.

What msparks said is sane advice!

You'll just LOVE the way your Kaw shifts with the Amsoil AMO 10W-40 in there!

I know: I have a ZX-11
burnout.gif

Look at changing over to the ZEREX G-05 Antifreeze, too...

Cheers!
cheers.gif

STORMINORMAN

norm...i see in your profile that you are retired. now, what's a old guy like you doing on a zx 11?
wink.gif
alright, kinda like the old guy like me on the zrx.
frown.gif
i swear the thing is much easier to ride than the harley. the only complaints so far are when you think you are doing 25mph and see that you're really doing 55, and the turn signals don't self cancel. i heard the zx-11's were rippers!!!
cheers.gif

oh yeah, even though i'm still thawing out from yesterdays ride, i'm glad i got it in. right now it's snowing like crazy outside! now, does anybody know if they make a snowmobile conversion kit for the z-rex? .....
wink.gif
oh yeah, i'm pretty much sold on the amsoil for it after 2grand or so on the motor. i use the 10w30 in all my yard stuff and the 20-50 motorcycle in the harley. the 10-40 amsoil motorcycle will be in the kawa for sure. ps...no i'm not a salesman,
worshippy.gif

[ December 26, 2004, 02:37 PM: Message edited by: penzdude ]

medic, the moneys on the way. lets see...with all the snow, airline delays, lost mail, etc, it should be there by the time we are all looking at the best walking canes, instead of the best lubes!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back