A more honest Group III add ? (Revtech)

Status
Not open for further replies.
"RevTech® Pure sounds a lot better than saying the group III is just a full synthetic and is the best of the syn lubes. I'm not sure who makes Revtech's various oils (Revtech is owned by Custom Chrome (CCI) wich is big in the aftermarket Harley world, they even have their own engines and trannies) but they are usually the next choice for most people or shops after Harley 360 oil.

Available in xxxxxx

we do not post copies of oil companies sale pages or links to their sales pages/products. Comments or opinions about the oil, fine, technical data, fine, but no sales pages/ propaganda.

[ February 27, 2003, 02:35 PM: Message edited by: BOBISTHEOILGUY ]

quote:

Originally posted by hk33ka1:
"RevTech® Pure sounds a lot better than saying the group III is just a full synthetic and is the best of the syn lubes. I'm not sure who makes Revtech's various oils (Revtech is owned by Custom Chrome (CCI) wich is big in the aftermarket Harley world, they even have their own engines and trannies) but they are usually the next choice for most people or shops after Harley 360 oil.

Available in xxxxxx

we do not post copies of oil companies sale pages or links to their sales pages/products. Comments or opinions about the oil, fine, technical data, fine, but no sales pages/ propaganda.

I don't agree, that it is the best of the synlubes but like everything on here that is my opinion based on what I have seen by use of the oil analysis. To spout off the sales dribble that companies post about their products is like many things, it's who has the best marketing line of bs. On here, we look a little deeper as to additives, base stock used, and better yet used oil analysis which actually shows the oil under its use in the real world by supplying lab results with actual numbers. No, it's not the end all to end all as for if it's the best or not, but as most of us have found, there is many oils that do an excellent job some of which many didn't even know existed. This is what this board is about, so please don't take it the wrong way, but that is why I removed your primary information as it was of no value to anyone except rev tech as it was pluging their oil with price and product sizes.

Sorry Bob I didn't really consider that as the "solicitation" part of the board rules. It won't happen again.

Just giving an idea of what weights these guys are selling the stuff in and prices as compared to the other group III's amrketed towards Harleys. Still strange to see someone selling a group III oil and not calling it "%100 synthetic" and touting it as better than all the other synlubes, but their wording was kinda like, "here is a hydrocracked dino oil that is performs almost like synthetic but at a bartgain price". Would like to try all these various Harley type oils out in my bikes and analyse, but I am going to stick with the Amsoil so I don't have to keep changing one type 2-3 intervals and then picking another etc. But would be neat to see a club or group with several bikes with the same engines test out the various brands.
Like one guy use Harley360, another use HarleySyn another with various aftermarkets brands etc. and analyse up to the recommended 5000 miles and see how they hold up against each other. With maybe each guy using 2 brands or so over a season.
Someone said something awhile ago about some japanese bike club that did this in some magazine for a dino vs. syn test or something.

Well, it would be nice to see that. I think the only way to accomplish this would be to approach a bike club and supply the analysis kits to all and cover the expenses as many would not take the time to do this otherwise.

I think using the amsoil like you are should be the best thing for you. But, like myself, I encourage you to actually do analysis on your oil just to see how far you can take it, as you may be able to extend further or may have to cut back, as the same oil no matter who's can react differently with each person and their equipment/driving style. Once you have done this, then you can feel assured that you are doing the best thing for your equipment.

Oh don't worry about the analysis Bob, I already sent the virgin sample to Blackstone and posted the results. I will most likely do the Blackstone/Terry Dyson deal with my used oil samples several times over the summer to see just how well the Amsoil holds up in that Twin Cam 88B. Then we will see if an oil holds up to Harleys recommended 5000 miles regular service and if Amsoil holds up to "up to 2 times manufacturers recommendations or six months" with Amsoil filters. I will buy an Amsoil filter and see how it looks inside as compared to a stock one (did not wan't to use the K&N because I found out it didn't have the nessecary bypass), and if it is ok I will use it for the tests.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back