What are you doing to stay cool?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't forget to pull your pants way up underneath your armpits. oh wait, that's when you retire.
For now unbutton your shirt halfaway to your navel and wear heavy gold bling with obscure fertility symbols( like that spiral horn thingie?),and don't forget the polyester slacks.

I leave the central A/C at 80 degrees at all times. That way the system doesn't have to work so hard to cool the house back down during the day. Ceiling fans in the bedrooms really help at night.

thermostat on second floor set to 78. ceiling fans in the bedrooms and at the top of the stairs. insulated the return duct in my attic (which also has an exhaust fan on a thermostat). i run the blower in the furnace on med-hi at all times. also replaced the celining fan incandescent bulbs with compact fluorescent.

Omitting the obvious such as those with medical conditions exacerbated by heat and the elderly who are at the stage of old age where excess heat is not tolerated well......

WIMPS!!!!!!!!!!!

Not necessarilly thee, dear reader of this post.

Nay!!!!!!

I lambast the huddled masses of American sheep who have been wimpified, isolated from natural reality by insulation and massive energy amounts so as to alter the environment within their abodes.

First.... a observation. I have witnessed this scenario too many times. Winter, cold outside, brrrrrrrr.... enter a sheep's (American citizen) home and it is blistering hot, the thermosatat rotated so as to create a hot summer day within that home.

Then..... a hot summer day. Enter an abode and the air conditioning is turned so low that if that low of a temperature was the outside ambient temperature the heater would be operating!!!!!!!

So many blithering idiots have merely reversed the seasons!!!!!

Also, barring abnormal extremes at either end of the possible ambient temperature, I believe that how people perceive hot and cold is at least partially psychological. Witness explorers of yore coming across indiginous peoples who diidybopped across the landscape nekkid'. Tierra del Fuego is one place with quite cold conditions wherein European explorers, dressed warmly for what they considered to be cold weather, observed nekkid' AmerIndians prancing around with nary a garment!!!!!!

I admit to using the window air conditioner at times, especially during periods of very high humidity, humidity so high you can actually see the water vapor in the air, especially at twilight. However, on a typical hot day such as today, high 90s with moderate humidity, a fan pushing air is all I am using. Heck, I'm a tub o' lard, well-insulated with ample blubber (plenty o' muscle under the lard though, you wimpy Yuppie types)

Painted the shanty today. Plenty of sweat but sweating is good for the body, as long as it is not too excessive and ye remains hydrated. Fortunately, I was out of the direct sun, reveling in the shade from the wondrous lovely green living trees surrounding the shanty.

Remember to thank a tree(s) you reprobates, for life is so much better with them. Trees are our friends!!!!! Well, except for the stray tree that falls on you and squishes thee like a bug under a size-12 tennis show but..... the tree didn't do it on purpose so thank those trees.

Now, stay cool and, remember, at least part of how ye senses heat or cold is likely learned behavior and you can use your feeble (some of thee) intellect to overcome taught behavior when interacting with the natural environment.

It's never the heat that gets me, it's always the humidity. I have no issues with over 100 F degree at 45%, but 72 F at 80% is murder. I walk around in a short sleeve t-shirt at 45 degrees for hours, and people think I'm nuts.
dunno.gif

I love the cold, I want to live somewhere where it rains every day - rain is the best. When it's cold you can always put more clothes on, ain't nothing you can do when it's hot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back