What are you doing to stay cool?

Status
Not open for further replies.
it's 113F here, again, what are you guys doing to stay cool? I know it's 10 to 20F hotter than most places but when it gets hot, it really doesn't matter how hot it is, hot is hot. Using old central air set to 70. Sucks that my car has no AC, always wondered how hot it can get inside a black car on a sunny 113F day - using a manual trans at that, imagine how hot the shifter is.

good thing is that when your shirt soaked and stuck to your body, when you get out of the car even that hot wind feels cold. Guess there is benefits to global warming.

quote:

Originally posted by Zee1:
Guess there is benefits to global warming.

Most on the board don't believe in Global Warming.
wink.gif

The fiancee bought a 3ft deep, ~6ft diameter inflaable, self rising pool at k-mart. It was about $24.

Fill it up with tap water, it warms in the sun, use it for a refresher in the afternoon... put a tiny chlorine floater in there at night. We keep it covered and check the water daily. We swap the water every 2 weeks or so, still looking crystal clear. We do it because there is no filter.

It is ~330 gallons, so perhaps wed be better doing better water analysis and doing an extended WCI!

JMH

It's called air conditioning, in the house, in the car, stay inside with a fan next to my chair. A good supply of tall iced drinks. Works for me.
grin.gif

I installed a small air conditioning unit in my room's window. Really nice! I usually keep it at 80F as that is warm but not too hot.

Other than that, it is almost impossible to do my nightly runs/jog when it is still 100F at 8:00pm...

I don't know for sure about global warming, but I do believe in acid rain and mercury coming from coal burning power plants.

Summer here in S. Vermont on a high hillside is great. The highest temp I have seen up here is 86 degrees, and it rarely gets above 82 degrees. We have an undersized central air to reduce humidity when necessary.

On the other hand, in winter it can get pretty cold here.

quote:

Originally posted by Al:

quote:

Originally posted by Zee1:
Guess there is benefits to global warming.

Most on the board don't believe in Global Warming.
wink.gif

There was a time when most people didn't believe the Earth was spherical, or that it revolved around the sun, or that stars were other suns, the list is long.
Not believing in a thing doesn't mean it isn't there. (Heisenberg notwithstanding)

quote:

Originally posted by Pablo:
Hottest night on record in Seattle last night. 70°F

We are getting record high lows around Sacramento too. Those records are being broken by a bigger margin than the highs.

High temps in Southern Vermont means farmers save money on pastuerizing milk. If you get the cows to run around fast enough before milking, it gets homogenized too!

Career job is a firefighter. Ain't a whole lot I can do there. Trucks don't have A/C (Not until we get our new rigs next year). Part time gig is lawn care. Not much I can do there either. Just stay hydrated.

It was 111° this weekend at my house.
Luckily, for the first summer in 10-years of living in my home, I have AC.
I would be in a straight-jacket otherwise.

Scott

I blow fans into the house all night aand then close up early in the morning. House stays cool until 7-8pm then I do it again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back