2014 f150 5.0 5w20 pup 7200 miles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I was going to make this a two part uoa but usps lost one of my samples so there is a gap in my data now anyways 7200 miles on pup 5w20 I don't think I'll be using it again for 2 reasons one it's hard to get now and this truck hasn't really burned oil till this stuff about 1 1/4 quarts then I switched again and it dosent burn anything like before is that common with the pup?
2016-08-28%2014.28.31_zpsybdytncr.png

Winter run with lots of towing and short trips

Search Napa Select Wholesealer ad when it comes out in September and Pennzoil Platinum will have for $4.99qt plus MIR making it $2.99qt after...Pennzoil Ultra Platinum for $5.99 a qt. Ordered 24 qt 0w20 PUP and will receive on Friday Sept 2nd. Gave all that I had in 0w20 Magnatec to some college kid in a 12' Civic for free. Did my good deed for the car gods. Still waiting on Pennzoil and Gena for my care package and UOA of Castrol Edge I'm running now. Feels good to find Pennzoil Ultra Platinum w/o having to mess with amazon or walmart
19.gif

My truck takes about 2qts top up per OCI regardless of what oil I use. I do run out to less than 10% on the IOLM which is usually 8500-9500 miles, though.

I've run MC blend, QSUD, PP and M1/M1AFE with pretty much the same results. This past OCI its been M1 (mixed 5w20 and 0w20 due to inventory) and I've been surprised that its actually a tad quieter than the others have been.

The next several rounds will be valvoline since my walmart clearanced all of the 0w20 so I bought it all for 15$ per 5q after tax and the current load is 10w30 edge ep I bought at autozone for 2 bucks a quart the uoa will probably be done in a month or so since I'm almost ready to change should be interesting to see the difference

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back